Does Xenforo...work with unreleased PHP 5.5.0-dev?

I don't think some people are getting the point here.
I don't know why my host is using that, also he's not a company he's just my friend who said he'd gladly host it, don't complain at me for using it, I don't have a clue how to use it.

also he's not a company he's just my friend who said he'd gladly host it
I think that was obvious by the "makes no sense" choice of php5.5
Friends don't let friends beergoggle or use a php version 18 months ahead of stable release.
It's just not right.
Save him.
Better yet, send him here, he probably should "run over" the thought processes behind using a php version that no one else is using.

Why are they even working on php 5.5 when php 5.4 is on beta1? :eek:
It is a constant move forward, if you study any of the git work flow documentation with semantic version specifications, you will see that every 5.x version introduces new features. 5.5.0-dev is in the planning stages of future features. With PHP 5.3.x, they are only adding bug fixes, no features. At any time if they find and resolve an issue or bug, they can blanket the projects with that merge across the different 5.x versions, however production and planning is non stop. They would be stupid not to be planning what they want to include into 5.5. However if your host is using the 5.5.0-dev version of PHP, please for the love of the gods leave them. That version is not meant to be used for a production environment, and they plainly do not care about the security of your products. On my server, my main version currently is 5.3.8 with a development/future-testing AddHandler for 5.4.0RC3+.

Top Bottom