Does XenForo support comments?

Do you mean threaded discussions? i.e. reply comments?

XenForo does support comments ouf of the box without the need for any Add-on:
You can comment on profile posts
But can I comment on threaded discussions? I mean like in vB 5. In this thread I don't see that option. I had to quote you. I guess I would need to use an add-on.

The thing is that I want to move from disastrous vBulletin 5 where my users are using comments.

But can I comment on threaded discussions? I mean like in vB 5. In this thread I don't see that option. I had to quote you. I guess I would need to use an add-on.

The thing is that I want to move from disastrous vBulletin 5 where my users are using comments.
Xf is not at all like vb 5.
You can comment on other peoples comments.
There is a built in multiquote box that you can tick.

I know this is not the exact solution, but you can customize your Reactions to leave very specific "comments" on posts. You can add things like Helpful, Not Helpful, Cool, Awesome, Thanks, etc. Plus it's quick! Hope this helps.

PS. I know this does not solve it, but it does work for quick "canned" replies in some cases where a reply may not even be necessary.

Last edited:
Anybody do a vB5 conversion to XF with comments? How do those comments within a thread get converted to XF? Are they ignored or end up looking like post replies? Do any of the 3rd party add-ons offer a way of importing them to retain the original vB5 thread->post->comments association? Just curious (since I haven't had anything to do with vB in years)... :unsure:

Anybody do a vB5 conversion to XF with comments? How do those comments within a thread get converted to XF? Are they ignored or end up looking like post replies? Do any of the 3rd party add-ons offer a way of importing them to retain the original vB5 thread->post->comments association? Just curious (since I haven't had anything to do with vB in years)...:unsure:

I have the same question. I tought that first I have install this add-on https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/post-comments and then I guess, it will work.

Top Bottom