Does xenForo have a Multi Quote function like in vBulletin?

I liked that function in vBulletin where you can quote several different posts within a thread and reply to all of them in one post. Does xenForo have this feature? I'm still playing around with xenForo and getting used to it, but I don't see that function on this forum (or maybe I don't know where it is).

I liked that function in vBulletin where you can quote several different posts within a thread and reply to all of them in one post. Does xenForo have this feature? I'm still playing around with xenForo and getting used to it, but I don't see that function on this forum (or maybe I don't know where it is).

I don't think XenForo has a feature where you can select all the posts you want to quote first before actually quoting them. Although it is definitely possible to quote multiple people in one post (as I've done) just by hitting the 'Reply' button on every post you want to quote. It is a little annoying as it jumps to the bottom of the page every time but it still works!

If you really wanted to be able to do this with Xenforo, there is a add-on that will replicate that feature for you, the downside is it isn't free.

It does, it just doesn't "show" it. To test this, go to any "long" thread and click the "reply" link for posts you want to show up in quick reply.

Only downside is that you can't transfer your clicked "replies" to the next page, it has to be on the same page.

I don't think XenForo has a feature where you can select all the posts you want to quote first before actually quoting them. Although it is definitely possible to quote multiple people in one post (as I've done) just by hitting the 'Reply' button on every post you want to quote. It is a little annoying as it jumps to the bottom of the page every time but it still works!

If you really wanted to be able to do this with Xenforo, there is a add-on that will replicate that feature for you, the downside is it isn't free.
Thanks, this is a neat add-on. Too bad a simple function like this was not built-in with the software :(

I don't think $5.00 is anything to complain about.

There is actually a free add-on that will very much improve the quote function.

It will not only give you multi-quote as your read along, but also allow you to have the option to quote only the text your want to quote without having to edit a post (or of course you could quote the whole thing)

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/quoteme.1078/

This is what I use. It taking quoting to a whole new level

Nice addon!
Uunfortunately:

Many users use IE 10-11 now.
the downside is it isn't free.

An untested browser doesn't imply this addon will not work on it. Fell free to test it on IE10 (already done - working) & IE11. But this addon will not work with touchscreen devices, so the addon of Lior is needed for those who need a classic & crossbroswer multiquote function. By the way, 5 dollars is cheap. Just remind yourself the price of the last unusefull app you bought on your mobile store and you only use for several hours before deleting it.

Top Bottom