Does Xenforo have a Features List so I can compare?

Francisco Meza

I was looking at vBulletin and they have a massive features list, but they have so many bad reviews lately. Does Xenforo have a similar list like vBulletin?

Also, take features with a grain of salt... just because one platform has a feature, it doesn't necessarily mean it's done well. It could just mean it "sort of works" and the developers are able to check it off on a "feature list" (for example the vBulletin CMS is garbage and not worth the bytes the code takes up on your server's hard disk).

The best thing to do is after you find out if a platform supports something you need at the lowest level... investigate it yourself to make sure whatever that feature is will work well for YOU.

Also, take features with a grain of salt... just because one platform has a feature, it doesn't necessarily mean it's done well. It could just mean it "sort of works" and the developers are able to check it off on a "feature list" (for example the vBulletin CMS is garbage and not worth the bytes the code takes up on your server's hard disk).

The best thing to do is after you find out if a platform supports something you need at the lowest level... investigate it yourself to make sure whatever that feature is will work well for YOU.
Word.
Best example=> https://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features :p *scnr*

that chart is misleading in that it doesnt list any features that xf has which vb lacks.
imo the best people to make a chart like that are k&m, and its something i reckon they should do.

Thanks for the response. Taking features with a "grain of salt" would be great. I am an ecommerce web developer and I know that my conversion rates were low when the only option I provided to the customers was Paypal. Many of them said, "I don't have a Paypal account", and hit the back button. I was too lazy to apply for a real merchant account at Authorize.net. Once I put Authorize.net on my Magento Commerce checkout, conversions increased. If you are meaning to take the feature of Paypal with a grain of salt, then why not eliminate Paypal and have Xenforo only offer Google Checkout. Let's see what happens to conversions then.
Authorize.net would be a great feature to have in addition to Paypal. Besides, everytime I use Paypal for selling, they hold money in a "rolling reserve" because I sold too much.

Authorize.net would be a great feature to have in addition to Paypal.
Excellent point.
I think the best plan for you would be to use Wordpress and Xenforo.
Login integrate with - Xenscripts WP bridge.
Style integrate with this - Xendynamic (This is a Style Wordpress using Xenforo's CSS).
Then use whatever Wordpress shopping cart you want.
I am sure that Wordpress would have a shopping cart that would fit your needs.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response. Taking features with a "grain of salt" would be great. I am an ecommerce web developer and I know that my conversion rates were low when the only option I provided to the customers was Paypal. Many of them said, "I don't have a Paypal account", and hit the back button.

I think his point was more in that while a feature list is nice, it's not really accurate when you get down to actually using said features. It wasn't meant to say your own need for Auth.net or whatever else might not be important, but that the actual implementation of a feature matters more than simply stating "we have feature X" and that looking deeper into the feature sets would benefit you more.

I was looking at vBulletin and they have a massive features list, but they have so many bad reviews lately. Does Xenforo have a similar list like vBulletin?
really Vbulletin is better, in vbulletin there are many add on easy to install, I am looking for quick reply for guest users from long time getting no solution, so i am switing back to vbulletin, i already using vb in many website, so i suggest you do not switch vbulletin to xenforo because poor support and add on, only there are two features in xenforo one is social and fast, otherwise vb is better

really Vbulletin is better, in vbulletin there are many add on easy to install, I am looking for quick reply for guest users from long time getting no solution, so i am switing back to vbulletin, i already using vb in many website, so i suggest you do not switch vbulletin to xenforo because poor support and add on, only there are two features in xenforo one is social and fast, otherwise vb is better
Utter tosh. There are plenty of add-ons for XenForo and the support is excellent. Just because you haven't found a particular add-on for guests that clearly no-one else needs (if they did there would be demand and one would have been written) doesn't make XenForo inferior to vbulletin.

There have been plenty of people converting from VB to XenForo as can be seen in various pre-sales threads and other posts around these forums. I think that's a better indicator of how good XenForo is than your one disgruntled post.

You posted on Sunday. That is barely two days.
I guess in todays age of instant gratification, 48 hours (thereabouts) is forever.

If simply wanting to allow guests to post, it's a simple matter of granting that in the permissions area for unregistered users I think (I haven't tried it and have NO desire to allow unregistered users to post messages - just a spam haven waiting to be born).

Top Bottom