XF 1.3 Does not redirect after creating a new thread

jmmp

Hi,

When a user clicks the submit new thread button, it takes a long time and finally the submit button appears again but does not redirect, however the thread has been published, but the user does not know because he is not redirected and presses again and so many new threads appear repeated and he does not redirect.

This happens to me only or mainly, in a subforum, of those who have more threads (25,000).

What is the cause of this problem?

No, Steve, that's not the cause the problem.

My forum has 70 forums and subforums, and the problem is about 10, usually the ones with the most threads, but not necessarily. In several forums the redirection works very justly, at 20-25 seconds. On average it takes 15 seconds for the new thread to be redirected after pressing the send button.

My host will check the timeout with httpd and php.

I need something to check, things to modify, something to do.... any idea will be welcome, of course. Thank you very much.

Forums and subforums with few threads works, takes between 5 and 10 seconds to redirect after click on the send button new thread. But if the forum or subforum has many threads it takes 15, 20, 25... and if it reaches 30 seconds it stops and does not redirect, although the thread has been created.

Is there anything that can be done at the server level? Any ideas?

It should not take 30 seconds to submit a thread, there is an underlying problem whether it be server specs / user activity.

The underlying issue is most likely XF1.3, there were updates that helped sort slow queries on sites with large amounts of forums/usergroups, etc.

Mike said:

"If it only happens in a few forums, that could indicate it's down to people watching the forums and thus XF having to do a large amount of mail processing." He suggested a change and I've implemented it and it works:

Code:
Open /library/XenForo/Model/ForumWatch.php find "function sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnMessage(" after the { put
Code:

return array();

and save it. Make sure there's a space between "{" and "return".

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...read-creation-resulting-in-dup-threads.88352/

With this change I guess users will no longer receive emails from the forums and subforums that watching...

Mike said:

"If it only happens in a few forums, that could indicate it's down to people watching the forums and thus XF having to do a large amount of mail processing." He suggested a change and I've implemented it and it works:

Code:
Open /library/XenForo/Model/ForumWatch.php find "function sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnMessage(" after the { put
Code:

return array();

and save it. Make sure there's a space between "{" and "return".

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...read-creation-resulting-in-dup-threads.88352/

With this change I guess users will no longer receive emails from the forums and subforums that watching...

Hopefully that sorts all the issues for you. :)

Top Bottom