XF 1.5 Does Facebook/Twitter/Google registration go through the same checks?

Stuart Wright

Do registrations via Facebook/Twitter/Google go through the same checks as normal registrations?
E.g. are they run through stopforumspam?
Also we have addons which put registrations into the moderation queue if their IP matches certain (spammy) countries. Will these also be working on accounts created via social networking?
Lastly is there a way to force registrations by these methods to complete the fields which are required during normal registration?

They do go through the standard spam methods. I couldn't speak to any add-ons you're running, but if they hook into the anti-spam systems in the expected way, they should work.

Lastly is there a way to force registrations by these methods to complete the fields which are required during normal registration?
Which required fields aren't being required on these registrations?

If I create a new custom field and require it, will the other integrations require the user to enter that information on registration?
I'm thinking of the location field, but there could be others.
I'm asking also because apparently Apple now require forum apps to allow in-app registration meaning we'd have to switch it on in our Tapatalk app. And it's currently switched off because spammers were getting through via Tapatalk.
This might be the critical factor which means we have to drop Tapatalk and there is no argument that registering via the other integrations has the same flaws.

Top Bottom