Does anyone use phpFox?

A member on my site made a site using phpFox software.

Check it out here: www.phpFox.com

I checked out his site to see what was so great and I really like the profile page features of phpFox. Looks way better than xenforo's. Xenforo still has a superior forum software though.
Yes, I have used it. It's junk. It demands 777 permissions to run and develops errors and issues as you use it.

That was good advice. phpFox got hacked.

Told you :p

Yeah that's why I bumped the thread. Thought it was funny how Adam said don't get it cause the software is not secure, then find out the software's site was hacked. Pretty much proved his point.

I'm often vindicated when its to late (for someone else).

I'll state something I know is true. Someone will demand I back that up, but that's not the type of person I am. I'm the kind who will educate people "as the source" and not typically the person who goes quoting another sources or trying to prove my word.

That's not to suggest that the knowledge I share always comes from me though. But it is often how I pass it on.

People either listen or they don't.

That's alotta views for 25 posts !

anyone.use.phpFox.DRE.webp

Weird.

upload_2014-5-9_19-51-32.webp

Forums have always been a small part of phpFox.

@DRE @Adam Howard

I think I know why: Google: phpfox security.

PHPFox has a lot of great features. It has had countless regular releases and updates since the start of this thread. Including security updates. If PHPFox ever decides to offer a full featured forum script as well it would become a serious competitor for other community software.

IMHO the features PHPFox has are best to be developed as xf addons, because xf is a good platform to develop upon. A profile addon with the similar functions would be a major upgrade to xf.

PHPFox has a lot of great features. It has had countless regular releases and updates since the start of this thread. Including security updates. If PHPFox ever decides to offer a full featured forum script as well it would become a serious competitor for other community software.

IMHO the features PHPFox has are best to be developed as xf addons, because xf is a good platform to develop upon. A profile addon with the similar functions would be a major upgrade to xf.
I was pretty impressed with his site, that's cool it got better over time. I would like to join a phpfox site and play around a bit.

I've been trying to sell my licenses to PHPFox forever.

It's a script that has a ton of half finished poorly designed features. the owners don't think like webmasters, they just listen to random hobbyists who don't have any clues about websites.

The times I tried using it, I got replies from people saying they don't need to be on Facebook twice.

The forums and addons are barely existent.

The backend is rather unorganized and the template system is way too much work.

And NO big sites use it. If you ask them to see some examples, they say they can't show you due to privacy but that's their way of admitting that they don't exist.

I would stay far away from that script.

Not to mention that for YEARS users begged for spam and SEO fixes- only to see most things not done.

There's just WAY too many modules in that script that it prohibits them from actually making the modules any good. The photo battle is a perfect example - you can't even pick which photos vs each other. It's all random. So you have a monster truck vs a woman's profile picture, which obviously makes no sense, and it's remained that way ever since.

Little things like that make modules on fox pretty much useless.

I use it without any major issue until recently. The main addon I use have a database issue and the guy who created it passed away.

So now I'm stuck and looking for a mp3/audio streaming script or another script with better audio management

Top Bottom