1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know a good audio recording software?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =MGN=RedEagle, Dec 20, 2014.

1. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

I am looking for a good, high quality audio recording software that can make me MP3s. Anyone know where I can get this?

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

3. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

These days the quality comes from the microphone, mic placement, mic preamp, Analogue/Digital converters - not the software. You can get a great or lousy quality audio recording in Audacity, garageband, Logic or Protools, all depending on the quality of what goes in.

(I do audio production for a living)

wedgar likes this.
  4. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

We have and use many pieces of audio software to run JoeFm. Some of the audio software is FREE, and some are very pricey. One program you may want to look at is Adobe Audition. What are you exactly trying to do? I might be of more help to you if you could answer this question.

5. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I preferred Adobe Audition when it was called Cool Edit 2000.

6. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Plus one for Audacity. I have commercial software for what I do and most of the time I can't be bothered. If I am out and about on a random machine it is the first thing I turn to.

7. =MGN=RedEagle

I have an awesome mic, I just need a program in which I can record audio quickly and easily. Trying Audacity now! Thanks so much!

I am making audio versions of long forum/blog posts to make them easy to read.

8. Verringer

Verringer Active Member

Audacity, otherwise Adobe Audition :)

9. Davyc

Davyc Well-Known Member

I used Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio - does everything that's required to make high quality MP3's

Very inexpensive compared to Sound Forge and it is well specified:

HERE'S A LINK IF YOU WANT TO EXPLORE

(y)

10. =MGN=RedEagle

Thanks guys. The audio recording was a huge success, and I'm about to raise the thousand dollars I need to make an app for my community!

11. GaryCole

GaryCole New Member

I agree, Audacy is good one!

12. IlPerazzi

IlPerazzi Member

In this day and age, I only use Audacity. I used to use one called CoolEdit or some such, but the formerly mentioned app has all the features I need and more.