Do you work on your website everyday?

steven s

I guess this is more for those who are developing a new site.
Do you work on it a bit everyday or spend some time here and there.

I felt real gung ho when I first installed it. Now I spend a little time every few days.
I don't know if it's because I want to wait until the next release or just loosing some of the momentum.

Do you work on your website everyday?

Do you mean mess with the admincp or develop code? No.

But much time is spent daily on the forum for other reasons, primarily to enjoy it when possible.

Nope... once I develop them I tend to leave them alone for quite a while, apart from interacting with members. I do try and do something a little unique with each site every year though... tends to keep members amused and interested, knowing something will change once a year. I think members would get pretty crappy at me if I constantly changed things on them... hence why I don't.

I might change the style once a year, or another of my little quirks is that I create styles for occasions, ie. important dates for random countries, just to give them something different to look at every once in a while, but then return to what they know.

I tend to work on mine a lot. Almost everyday but I need a break sometimes. I go hangout with my friends or my family. My website is still in development as I am still doing research and trying to decide what I want to do design-wise.

Steven what kind of development do you do to your forum everyday?

I'm just talking about my new XF site.
I don't expect it to be public for at least another month.
I'm just adding descriptions and tweaking the styles.
I am getting burned out on it already.

I have another XF license that I will import my vB3.8 site to.
Mike did some fixing to the import routine and I'm just waiting for beta3 to delete, reinstall and import.
That one will need to wait for addons.

I don't do anything to my vB sites. As long as they are working, I leave them alone.

I leave mine alone unless I am updating (which with vb 4 was constant). And now I am creating styles on XenForo but once I get it where I want it, I leave them alone except for updates.

I usually pass my times reasearching and collecting resources for my site currently working on my long time dream project ...seems like will need one more xenforo license pretty soon couples of music artists(Country where i am from ) offered me some ideas regarding new music Project too .

I usually pass my times reasearching and collecting resources for my site currently working on my long time dream project ...seems like will need one more xenforo license pretty soon couples of music artists(Country where i am from ) offered me some ideas regarding new music Project too .
Sounds exciting.

Not on xF - no. I'm patiently waiting for the beta /RC phase to complete. Then I'll start developing.

The risk of going full-tilt into development at this stage is that a good many things could change between now and the final stable release. Enough of a change to null some of that hard work.

I am playing with it though. Working out where things are, etc. However, as it's not for any real return at the moment (financial or emotional) my time is going into CC to get that site moved forward.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

While not going on the production site each day I do work on reviews, box office figures etc, for a Saturday update.

Currently doing a Xen skin bit by bit :)

Top Bottom