Do you use SSL for XF ?

Some websites use SSL/HTTPS due to the sensitive nature of the content discussed.

For the record, HTTPS w/SPDY is faster for us than HTTP :)

I have a server that has cpanel and runs only one site, so I want to buy a wildcard ssl to enable spdy with Litespeed Ent 5.1 rc1, for that one site, and for cpanel. Are there any reasons that I shouldn't use StartSSL's free certs to test whether spdy will benefit me? What's the drawback of getting multiple StartSSL free certs as my *wildcard* ssl substitute?

I have a server that has cpanel and runs only one site, so I want to buy a wildcard ssl to enable spdy with Litespeed Ent 5.1 rc1, for that one site, and for cpanel. Are there any reasons that I shouldn't use StartSSL's free certs to test whether spdy will benefit me? What's the drawback of getting multiple StartSSL free certs as my *wildcard* ssl substitute?

drawback probably is your time in messing with multiple SSL certificates otherwise it probably should work.

I used StartSSL free cert first, but much more of a time saver using wildcard SSL.

I just switched my new forums over to Google SPDY/3.1 SSL https://community.centminmod.com/threads/forums-enabled-google-spdy-3-1-ssl.214/ using AlphaSSL Wildcard certificate :D

Top Bottom