Do you listen the music to concentrate when you work on the computer?

Do you listen to the music to concentrate when you work on the computer?

• Yes

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other, i will comment ...

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Music = <3.
I always listen to music, nevermind what I'm doing (working, studying, surfing through the interwebz, ...)

Mostly, and mostly Trance.

I love headphones, and listening to music, off in my own little peaceful world.

Fact is, I cannot work in complete silence. The "sound of silence" is way too distracting.

I'm also listening to music when relaxing or doing sports (mostly jogging, inline skating and such) unless I do such activities in a potentially dangerous environment (read: cars inhabited with idiots nearby). Being able to hear your environment can be important :)

Everytime I work on something that is gaming-related, I mean, my websites....I try to use the gaming-related music to find inspiration. Sometimes, I don't, at other times, I party to whatever is pumpin'. ;)

I think if you are a musician it's difficult to do anything technical when music is playing. Your mind naturally keys in and begins to analyze and your attention is split. It's unavoidable. Being a musician ruins you in a lot of ways.

Doing dishes or beating the dogs, sure. Put some music on. But not work. Work is meant to be concentrated on, in any event. If you're dicking about on your own time, that's different. But if I'm paying you to work I don't want you dreaming of the 8 bit music concert you're going to at the disco on Saturday night.

Did I say beating? I meant feeding, of course. Didn't I? And of course I have employees that do the dishes. I was just trying to relate to the common people.

I think if you are a musician it's difficult to do anything technical when music is playing. Your mind naturally keys in and begins to analyze and your attention is split. It's unavoidable. Being a musician ruins you in a lot of ways.
that...

I never did it, until recently... before it used to distract me.. well still distracts me, so I have to listed to country or not distracting music or it distracts me. But now I listen a lot more than I used to

I generally am listening to music all the time, unless of course I am watching a movie or something. I find it helps me to relax and concentrate.

Top Bottom