Do you listen the music to concentrate when you work on the computer?

Do you listen to the music to concentrate when you work on the computer?

• Yes

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other, i will comment ...

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Allan

Single question, do you listen the music to concentrate when you work on the computer?

Or other method ? (comment please)

I always listen to music when working. In fact, There's never been a time I haven't done and I (as odd as it may seem) find it vital and improves the quality of my work.

I always listen to music when working. In fact, There's never been a time I haven't done and I (as odd as it may seem) find it vital and improves the quality of my work.
Me too ^^
I have sex first, then I am good and relaxed to work on the computer. Repeat every 4 hours as needed.
lol, i will test ...:D

Edit: Without music, I can't concentrate, with my son, it's not easy, so I put the headphones and go !

Absoluely, usually some form of trance or powermetal, I find I can't work without listening to music, I just get distracted.

I'm very easily distracted by outside sound and always put sometimes instrumental music or ocean sound (perfect app natura) while I'm studying.

I cannot concentrate without some sort of music playing. Music helps me be more creative in both design and execution of the project or task that I'm working on. I also find that I don't make nearly as many errors with music going. :)

Yes, often helps me concentrate (or at least removes other audible distractions!!). War of the Worlds - Evita - Rocky Horror Picture Show ... etc. I know most of the words to most of the songs, and have never lost my liking for them in all the years I've been tapping away whilst they're on in the background.

Unfortunately, my singing distracts everyone else. :eek:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

About 90% of the time, I listen to music. The rest of the time comes in when I actually don't feel like listening to music but watch television at the same time, although it's usually a special on Discovery; I believe that last special I watched was about the giant squid.

There is an even smaller portion where I intended to listen to music, but was so involved with what I was working on I don't realize it was quiet until ten minutes or so later.

music is a total distraction.
music has never served as 'background noise' for me. if there is music i cannot help but actively listen to it. there is no way i would be able to get anything done if i were playing music at the comp.

so i actually question whether you ppl are actually listening to the music at all.

Yeah, same here. I prefer paying attention to the thought process and various aspects of it while working on the computer or studying and music somehow doesn't help me at all. :)

Though, I LOVE music in the operation theater. :D

It depends what I'm working on. If I'm working on something I have a passion for then I don't need music because I'm already focused on it. If I'm working on something half-assed I'll generally stick some music on to help me focus (or block out other distractions).

What genre I listen to is a whole different discussion... purely depends on the work.

I have tried listening to music, but it can't be anything I really like. Otherwise, I'll be distracted and start singing along. Really, I should increase my classical music selection...that would help.

Most certainly.

That, and podcasts.

But I concentrate on what I am doing, the music is just white-noise basically.

Top Bottom