Do you have an AngryUser ?

i've created a custom addon, which is quering the new posts from new users in google
IMO there's NO BETTER anti spam protection:D
if there are more then 5 results with the exact same posts it's definitly spam and gets into the moderation log...

and the biggest pro is, that there's no problem with privacy, because you're not sending any user data (username,usermail,ip) to an 3rd party page/database

sadly 90% of the forum admins don't care about the privacy of there users data...:(
This is simply brilliant.

We've welcomed the son of the angryuser recently.

5ythxk.jpg

I also got this kind of spammer on most of my 5 sites.

In fact, AngryUserFap was first, then he signed up under a new name then posted that dumb "Why you banned me for?" thread.

It starts with "Wow. It's fantastic!" at first, but then the spammer gets nasty with that "Why you banned me for?"

I did the following:

- Responded, closed the thread.
- Banned user, Discouraged User, and IP Discourage.

Same problem here, I've banned teh ip ranges of Russia and Ukraine, more than 20 accounts and tons of car assurance and blue pills products.

Based on the discussion in another thread about this Russian hack attempt, I switched from Re-Captcha to the custom questions and so far no more naughty russkibots.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the 1st thread and user who joined my site before the Spamming and then the same day or 2 later the spamming started!

i've created a custom addon, which is quering the new posts from new users in google
IMO there's NO BETTER anti spam protection:D
if there are more then 5 results with the exact same post it's definitly spam and gets into the moderation log...

and the biggest pro is, that there's no problem with privacy, because you're not sending any user data (username,usermail,ip) to an 3rd party page/database

contra: google api is limited to 100 queries / day ( https://developers.google.com/custom-search/v1/overview )

sadly 90% of the forum admins don't care about the privacy of their users data...:(

Is this mod publicly available?

Confirming this as well. Our second site is currently under attack of russian spammers it seems. Is this xenforo related?

Top Bottom