Do you have an AngryUser ?

May I ask all the members who had this happen on your own site, what spam prevention did you have enabled upon registration?

reCAPTCHA, security questions or anything else?

Me; probably nothing.
I can look specifically if you want.

EDIT:
Question and Answer CAPTCHAs
No questions have been created yet.

I had the same thing on my forum. Mine was Duh. At first I didn't realize it was spam and I checked my member list and found another user that was waiting for verification. I set it up then told the angry user. Then something clicked in my head and I did a search on the user name and ip. I banned the user as soon as I found out it was spam. I banned both accounts.

James

Same thing here, AngryUserKer with IP address corresponding to 1 inactive user who registered several weeks ago. Then a 3rd user with same IP registered and posted itubesglobal spam. Eventually banned the IP address.

Only reCAPTCHA is enabled.

Well I had question and answers enabled. It was pretty easy tho. I also have e-mail account confirmation enabled and it got past that.

It's amazing how this was done to all XenForo sites at roughly the same time. Anyone know how they can bypass all the barriers so easy?

May I ask all the members who had this happen on your own site, what spam prevention did you have enabled upon registration?

reCAPTCHA, security questions or anything else?
i've created a custom addon, which is quering the new posts from new users in google
IMO there's NO BETTER anti spam protection:D
if there are more then 5 results with the exact same post it's definitly spam and gets into the moderation log...

and the biggest pro is, that there's no problem with privacy, because you're not sending any user data (username,usermail,ip) to an 3rd party page/database

contra: google api is limited to 100 queries / day ( https://developers.google.com/custom-search/v1/overview )

sadly 90% of the forum admins don't care about the privacy of their users data...:(

Top Bottom