1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel guilty for not following someone who is following you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brogan, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This whole stalkers followers thing is new to me; I don't really use Facebook and only use Twitter as part of my site.

So I was wondering if anyone else feels guilty for not following someone who is following them :D

It could open up a whole new world of online paranoia :eek: ;)
  2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I don't know why someone should feel guilty. It's something each person is free to do.

I follow someone because I'm interested in what they do and say around the site, but they may not feel the same for me. It's just how things are, and if people feel guilty about it... I don't really know what to say to them. :)
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Happily, I don't have that problem. But I'd be inclined to say no.
  4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't feel guilty at all.
  5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Its a different thing than friends or contacts. Currently there is no functionality for affirming friendship on XF.
  6. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't feel guilty either :)
  7. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I have no reason to feel guilty. Why? Because no-one would follow me even if paid todo so! lol.
  8. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Not guilty but uncomfortable.
  9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

you don't think so?
  10. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Nope... no guilt here. I would even say its not an intentional thing, but more I read something I really like from someone in succession, so I click on follow to see what other great things they may or may not have to say.
  11. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I feel guilty now!
  12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

13. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I've forgotten what guilt feels like. *Thinks long and hard about suggesting the congo line dance feature*
  14. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Peggy, Shelley and JVCode like this.
  15. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

I don't feel guilty at all..
  16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

This. I don't liken "following" somebody to "befriending" somebody (as is the feature in vBulletin). It's just a tool that allows members to follow members they find interesting, or whose posts they like, or whatever other reason...
    Peggy likes this.
  17. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Nah. People-centric stuff ("stalking") has never appealed to me to be honest.
  18. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I don't feel guilty, only because I may not know who the person is at all. Once I get to know them, and see that they make meaningful contributions to threads, then I'll follow them. :)
  19. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

Agree & Ditto
  20. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member