Votes: 31 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I've been abducted!

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
Most serious UFO researchers do not take the work and profit-making schemes of Steven Greer seriously.

Define 'serious' please.

Yes, some people claim to have met ET, but most such claims aren't taken seriously.

Not taken seriously by whom? Why would this not be taken seriously, but 'abductions must be taken seriously'?

I am interested in what you and the majority of your forum members (I just had a look what they had to say about mr. Greer) actually do take serious, because the sheer amount of endless negativity that is outed by your forum-members is quite remarkable. It always makes me wonder why people find it necessary to keep projecting so much negativity on key figures (or any other person) who are actually here to bring light into this world. Interesting.

Not taken seriously by the people we talk to in the UFO field. Our forum is but a microcosm. More to the point, Greer, after doing some credible disclosure-related work early on, has settled on several profit-making ventures, such as CSETI, which has failed to realize any real evidence about UFOs.

This is not an issue of negativity, but of facts and evidence.

Here's an article from a colleague that covers the basics of Greer's deceptions:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/steven_greer.htm

The way I see it is if he's getting, well gaining more conning really from fabrication more ridiculous claims (which really is all they are) and gaining a income from it he's going to spout any kind of nonsense to keep this going. Kind of reminds me of those double glazing sales people that will just about say anything to have you sign on the dotted line.

The "Face on Mars" for one, some of the ridiculous claims about that is just downright nonsense, that past intelligent civilizations once inhabited the planet. Let's throw away weather erosion as a likely cause, and lighting from a certain vantage point being the cause as that would require common sense.

Even some of the claims of "claimed alien spacecraft" viewed from the space shuttle missions. Argument here was that it moved into the earth's atmosphere and sharply moved into another so it must be an alien spacecraft let's just ignore it could have been space particles entering the atmosphere and deflecting off it.

If I'm not mistaken, the US Airforce were developing saucer shaped aircraft in the late 40s, 50s and 60s so at this time anyone viewing such craft would have thought this was alien, mind they also thought we were getting invaded my Martians from mars when H G Wells broadcast that radio show way back in the 40s (might have been earlier so i could be wrong there).

Yeah, alot of these claims are for financial incentives that I am sure of.

Well!!According to me that If by UFO you mean unidentified flying object, then sure.
There are undoubtedly some things that have gone unidentified. If by UFO you mean
alien spacecraft from other planets, then no, I can't say I believe that.

In all honesty, I do not. I'm not sure there is other intelligent life in the universe.

Maybe we're the equivalent of a trailer park to any life form that has really mastered space travel.
*hey look those douchebags are all killing each other again*
*OMG fossil fuels*
*laughs*
*hits warp speed*
^ that explains 99% of UFO sightings too

The "U" means unidentified, which means we don't know what they are. Many people believe that the sightings that can't be explained are spaceships. I can't say that's what I necessarily believe, but it is one possibility that should be explored. There are far too many assumptions in UFO research.

Top Bottom