Do you allow guest posting on your forum?

Do you allow guest posting and see increase in user engagement?

• Yes and I notice increase in user engagement

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Yes, but I don't notice any increase in user engagement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't allow guest posting

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • No, I don't allow guest posting, but started to think about it

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

BassMan

Hello XenForo members!

I'm thinking about guest posting for one of my forums, but I'm not sure about it.

What are your experiences with guest posting if you allow it? Do users engage more because they don't have to register?

Thank you for your opinions and for participating in the poll.

Kind regards,
BassMan

very bad idea, first you recieve lots of spam and stupid comments, next what happens people will start ignore your forum becouse of crazy people.

Trust me, people are worst, i give you example, i open new forum about air conditioner where people share experience about it, couple crazy ones attack other user very badly, why they buy Chinese air conditioner, why you not buy japanese fujitsu, that is so stupid and this is continue every day :LOL:

very bad idea, first you recieve lots of spam and stupid comments
Rubbish. I have guest posting enabled and get zero spam, and everything goes through moderation. I get zero spam because I use the stop human spam add-on and have it tweaked to perfection from years of use. Guest posting creates additional dialogue, and many guests are engaged, thus they register to become active members.

I have found one simple trick to keep people happy with forum engagement -- make everything super simple. Accessibility should be super simple, catering all frames of mind and moods, you merely have to use commonsense on what you allow to go instantly live.

Top Bottom