Do popular Add-ons Needs FAQ?

Depends. I've seen some of Jaxels addons get utterly cluttered with questions and confusion - most of which was the users own fault for not following the instructions and then demanding support. A FAQ might help, but most likely doesn't as the people who keep asking those questions generally didn't read the instructions or the previous questions either.

Maybe we need a XF wiki - doesn't have to be official, but would need a couple gatekeepers, to bring together the best practices, etc.

Most everything in XF is not documented property - setting up cache, etc. etc. - Brogran did a great job on the basics of the online manual here, but a lot of stuff is short on specifics. Searching the forums is much harder than having a couple wiki articles about each subject.

Maybe we need a XF wiki - doesn't have to be official, but would need a couple gatekeepers, to bring together the best practices, etc.

Most everything in XF is not documented property - setting up cache, etc. etc. - Brogran did a great job on the basics of the online manual here, but a lot of stuff is short on specifics. Searching the forums is much harder than having a couple wiki articles about each subject.
Depends. I've seen some of Jaxels addons get utterly cluttered with questions and confusion - most of which was the users own fault for not following the instructions and then demanding support. A FAQ might help, but most likely doesn't as the people who keep asking those questions generally didn't read the instructions or the previous questions either.
It shouldn't be complicated all they have to do is set up the top asked questions with either simple answers, or linked to the answer post in the thread. The FAQ can be in the 2nd or 1st post or anywhere with a link in the resource page. They are always people who don't like to read but this can reduce this number ;)

It shouldn't be complicated all they have to do is set up the top asked questions with either simple answers, or linked to the answer post in the thread. The FAQ can be in the 2nd or 1st post or anywhere with a link in the resource page. They are always people who don't like to read but this can reduce this number ;)
It's not, but are the developers interested in writing and maintaining a FAQ? I have no idea, maybe. But if they do and feel it might be helpful, they would probably have done so all ready.

Either way, for me personally I don't feel it's too needed, but like I said, it might be helpful.

I like programming... I HATE writing manuals.

I release most of my programs for free. The ones I don't, I personally support. If I had to write manuals, I wouldn't release anything for free.

it doesn't have to be manuals at all, I am thinking of changing something in the resource manger maybe Q&A section (another tab) where people can submit questions and other member can post answer. However the tab should only shows a list of questions.

Top Bottom