XF 1.2 "Do not count posts" has retroactively reduced members post counts - how do I get them back up?

CTXMedia

I moved some very large threads to a sub-forum last night - which had been set not to count 'new' posts towards user total.

Overnight it appears this has been retroactively applied and lots of people who've posted in these threads have seen dramatic reductions in their post count total.

I've ticked the checkbox to count new posts and rebuilt user caches - but their post count totals are still way down.

How do I get the post counts back?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I moved some very large threads to a sub-forum last night - which had been set not to count 'new' posts towards user total.

Overnight it appears this has been retroactively applied and lots of people who've posted in these threads have seen dramatic reductions in their post count total.

I've ticked the checkbox to count new posts and rebuilt user caches - but their post count totals are still way down.

How do I get the post counts back?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Does moving those threads out of the area have any effect?

Moving posts out of a forum that doesn't count posts to a forum that does count posts should update the counts. That would be the only way to reverse it.

Changing the option within a forum itself will not change counts in and of itself.

Moving posts out of a forum that doesn't count posts to a forum that does count posts should update the counts. That would be the only way to reverse it.

Changing the option within a forum itself will not change counts in and of itself.

Okay, thanks Mike. Is the change instant, or are the counts updated on the hourly/daily cron?

They should be instant.

Hmmm ... unfortunately it's not recounting (adding them back on) when I move them out to a count-enable forum and then back again.

Do I need to disable post counting in the current forum, move them all out, enable post counting and move them back?

That should work yes, but any time you move it into a post counting forum, it will remove post counts. You could also enable the counts in the sub-forum temporarily while you move it.

Top Bottom