Do I need to change my XF license domain?

Hell Fire

If I change my domain by changing the root file, do I need to change my XF license domain? If so, is there a delay or downtime?

Just the Board URL.

If you want to redirect traffic though, you will need rewrite rules for the old to new domain.

Take it easy, it is nothing to worry about.

Each XF license can only be associated with 1 domain. So if you are gonna change your domain, change it and later log in into your customer account and update the domain. Done.

In Admin Control Panel in your XF installation, you can type in whatever you want. Nobody cares but obviously update it to the correct one. You don't have to change your email or homepage, all is up to you how you want it.

That is incorrect.

The Board URL must be set to the URL where XF is installed, otherwise it will cause issues with links in emails.
Yeah. My choice of words were not good. I said "obviously update it to the correct one", which meant, otherwise if you don't, those links will be redirected to whatever you typed in. Obviously we don't want it, but he can type in whatever he wants.

I just wanted to take out the fear from the user Hell Fire, that nobody is monitoring his every single action and that he can do some trial/error stuff and learn along the way. But still, you are correct in correcting me.

Hi, do I do the board URL before or after the root change? And do I change everything, Board, email and home page?

Not sure my question was answered. Do I change my admin panel domain before the root change or not? As for the email, I mean in the admin panel. The host will change all that stuff.

The reason I ask is I tried a root change and the whole forum disappeared. They had to undo it. I think the reason it failed was I didn't do the above mentioned changes first. I don't know what else would cause it to fail.

I will change my actual XF domain here once it's done.

Do I change my admin panel domain before the root change or not?
It makes no difference.

You can access the ACP and front end regardless of what the Board URL is set to.

The reason I ask is I tried a root change and the whole forum disappeared
This is unrelated to the Board URL.
Something went wrong with the change - your host should be able to troubleshoot it and work out the issue.

Top Bottom