XF 1.2 Distance between forum names

C.Stanley

There is too much distance between my borders on on my forum names can someone tell me where or how to change it to make it narrow? borderclose.webp

There is too much distance between my borders on on my forum names can someone tell me where or how to change it to make it narrow? View attachment 62250

The following is causing that. >> .node .nodeIcon {margin: 20px 18px 10px;} amongst other things

you'll have to change a number of things or rather their values

change all to the following

Code:
.node .nodeIcon {
margin: 10px 10px 0;}

Code:
.node .nodeText {
margin: 10px 270px 10px 56px;
}

Code:
 .node .nodeLastPost {
margin: 10px;}

Code:
.node .nodeControls {
margin: 20px 0;}

Adjusting that will result in the following....

Screenshot_38.webp

Where ever those properties are changed at, those are the values you need to have to get the look you are asking for. Some might be in Style Properties, some might be in Extra.CSS

Someone with some skills should be able to weigh in, I'm probably way off.

Where ever those properties are changed at, those are the values you need to have to get the look you are asking for. Some might be in Style Properties, some might be in Extra.CSS

Someone with some skills should be able to weigh in, I'm probably way off.

I think your right i assumed the same @Sheldon.

Thank you Shelley your help is very appreciated. I have checked my extra.css and there are no node codes it. i am now searching style properties trying to locate what you change. What would that be called?

Myself, just a hack editor, I'd look in AdminCP --> Appearance --> (Your Style) ---> Style Properties:

Forum / Node List and Node Icons

Novus may have its own CSS as well, so it might be worth checking into possibly novus.css

Again, may want to wait until someone with the proper skill comes along.

Top Bottom