Lack of interest Display the number of likes for each thread, on forumdisplay

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Floren

I think this feature is great.

Likes are an important part of the community values and users "like" to see popular threads, based on other user opinions. It will definitely help the admins to evaluate better the content of their forums.
The feature will show how "likable" each thread is, when viewing the forumdisplay page.
It should be also a choice for sorting the list of threads in a forum.

IMO, the best non-intrusive location for thread likes would be in the lower right corner of the popup that shows when you hover over the thread title. Users will have the choice to edit their templates and make it visible into thread row, if they really want to display the number of likes on a more visible way.

Just thinking out loud, you can actually define how "hot" is a thread, based on the total number of likes. Many nice possibilities with this feature.

Regards,

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Threads are already sortable by likes on the first post, and first post likes are displayed in a tooltip when mousing over the Replies/Views column. Did you mean a total number of likes for all posts in the thread?

I see, I did not know about that hover feature over the Replies text. Thanks for the tip. :)
Personally, I would move it into the hover popup that shows the thread preview content.

However, after more thinking, is ideal to have only the first post accounted for the number of likes. The way data info is set now matches perfect needs for everyone. I will use that feature to make the thread row change color or display an icon next to the title, based how popular is the thread. For example, a thread with over 50likes will be showing as Hot.

Edit: I cannot edit the thread title, no perms. :)
Can a mod change the title from "... total number of likes ..." to "... number of likes ..."? Thanks.
I would like to keep this thread open, since the actual suggestion is:
Display the number of likes into thread preview popup

Threads are already sortable by likes on the first post, and first post likes are displayed in a tooltip when mousing over the Replies/Views column. Did you mean a total number of likes for all posts in the thread?
o_O How long has that been there?? Nice tip! :D

Threads are already sortable by likes on the first post

How do you sort by the number of likes?
eek.png

Top Bottom