Display Styling Priority Not Kicking In

John L.

I have two usergroups, one called "Admin Eligible" and another called "Donor". Admin Eligible has no styling properties whatsoever and therefore has a priority of "0" set. The "Donor" group has a styling priority of 50 with color change. If a user on my forum has both of these groups, the color of their name is not changing. If a user is a member of the "Donor" group solely, it's fine.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I could have it configured incorrectly, but so far it looks good. Maybe I'm stupid?

*Screenshots attached of my setup:

Admin Setup:
admin_setup.webp

Donor Setup:
donor_setup.webp

User with groups applied:
user.webp

The style on the front-end:
style_frontend.webp

Have you modified your message_user_info template?
I'm using the Charm skin by @CyberAP but I don't think that is having any affect. Here is the template just incase you see anything.

HTML:
<xen:require css="message_user_info.css" />

<div class="messageUserInfo" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Person">   
<div class="messageUserBlock">
    <xen:hook name="message_user_info_avatar" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
        <div class="avatarHolder">
            <span class="helper"></span>
            <xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" img="true" />
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
        </div>
    </xen:hook>

<xen:if is="!{$isQuickReply}">
    <xen:hook name="message_user_info_text" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
        <h3 class="userText">
            <xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" />
            <xen:if hascontent="true"><em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userTitle, $user, 1, 1}</xen:contentcheck></em></xen:if>
            {xen:helper userBanner, $user, 'wrapped'}
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_text -->
        </h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true">
        <div class="extraUserInfo">
            <xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:hook name="message_user_info_extra" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
                <xen:if is="@messageShowRegisterDate AND {$user.user_id}">
                    <dl class="pairsJustified">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase joined}:</dt>
                        <dd>{xen:date $user.register_date}</dd>
                    </dl>
                </xen:if>

<xen:if is="@messageShowMessageCount AND {$user.user_id}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$user.user_id}'}" class="concealed">{xen:number $user.message_count}</a></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowTotalLikes AND {$user.user_id}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase likes_received}:</dt>
                        <dd>{xen:number $user.like_count}</dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowTrophyPoints AND {$user.user_id}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase trophy_points}:</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link 'members/trophies', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger concealed">{xen:number $user.trophy_points}</a></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowGender AND {$user.gender}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase gender}:</dt>
                        <dd itemprop="gender"><xen:if is="{$user.gender} == 'male'">{xen:phrase male}<xen:else />{xen:phrase female}</xen:if></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowOccupation AND {$user.occupation}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase occupation}:</dt>
                        <dd itemprop="role">{xen:string censor, $user.occupation}</dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowLocation AND {$user.location}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase location}:</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/location-info', '', 'location={xen:string censor, $user.location, '-'}'}" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" itemprop="address" class="concealed">{xen:string censor, $user.location}</a></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowHomepage AND {$user.homepage}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase home_page}:</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:string censor, $user.homepage, '-'}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" itemprop="url">{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}</a></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowCustomFields AND {$user.customFields}">
            <xen:hook name="message_user_info_custom_fields" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">

<xen:foreach loop="$userFieldsInfo" key="$fieldId" value="$fieldInfo">
                    <xen:if is="{$fieldInfo.viewable_message}">
                        <xen:if hascontent="true">
                            <dl class="pairsJustified userField_{$fieldId}">
                                <dt>{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</dt>
                                <dd><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userFieldValue, $fieldInfo, $user, {$user.customFields.{$fieldId}}}</xen:contentcheck></dd>
                            </dl>
                </xen:foreach>

</xen:contentcheck>
        </div>

<span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
</div>
</div>

If you take the user out of the donor group, save, and then put them back in, does anything change? If not, what if you disable all add-ons and do that? (An bad add-on can definitely interfere here.)

As far as I can tell, the code is pretty clear here so I don't see what would happen.

If you take the user out of the donor group, save, and then put them back in, does anything change? If not, what if you disable all add-ons and do that? (An bad add-on can definitely interfere here.)

As far as I can tell, the code is pretty clear here so I don't see what would happen.
Odd, when I took him out of Donor. Saved, then added him back and saved again...he is fine now. What does that mean exactly?

I was able to fix this by clearing everyone out of all usergroups (those two specifically). I then cleared out the promotion history and usergroup changes. Re-ran the usergroup promotion under Rebuild Caches and...back to normal. Weird...

I was able to fix this by clearing everyone out of all usergroups (those two specifically). I then cleared out the promotion history and usergroup changes. Re-ran the usergroup promotion under Rebuild Caches and...back to normal. Weird...

That's technology for you. It's weird at times.

Yeah, the data is cached. Given that taking him out and putting him back in fixed it, that indicates that the error likely happened in the past. It could be add-on related (for example, some add-ons in the past have caused problems with post-save actions in the data writer, which is where this is done).

There's code to deal with display priority changes as well, so I don't think it's that.

Top Bottom