Display "Quick Reply Editor" to Guests

Status
Not open for further replies.

erich37

Displaying the "Quick Reply Editor" (the Editor at the bottom of each thread) to guests is already possible with XF by default if you set the respective "options" in ACP.

1)
So guests are already able to reply to threads.

2)
Then Admin decides whether to approve the post. Is this possible already ?

3)
Once Admin approves the post, the system sends an "invitation E-mail" to the "Guest E-mail" to join the Forum.

Not sure if something like that is already possible with XF or whether there are any Addons available doing this ?

Many thanks

:)

So this is part of 1.2 or is it a current feature? I've never heard of this before, looks pretty powerful. Especially if number 3 were ever implemented.

Its a current feature, @Deepmartini. You just have to give guests the permissions to post in forums.

#3, however, is not apart of the system and will require an add-on.

Its a current feature, @Deepmartini. You just have to give guests the permissions to post in forums.

So it creates a guest name and a blank avatar? Like guest3454? I'm wondering what happens when the person tries to register as a user if their guest threads will match up to their new profile? Sounds like a lot of orphan posts. That's why I think number 3 is awesome because you can "claim" your guest posts. Disqus has that feature, I think it's cookie based. Not sure. But it really encourages people to join.

I've never actually used guest posting, so I'm not sure if they choose a name or not. After registration, the posts they made as guests are still associated with a "Guest" account and not their newly-registered account.

My main concern with this is the spambots. Probably good if a CAPTCHA element or other spam control could be added for guest postings.

As such (and the username picking requirement), I don't believe we show the QR for them (as those elements aren't implemented).

How can I find the option for Quick Reply for Guest?
Forum Permissions > Post replies [checked] is just display 'Reply to thread' button.

Having guest being able to post is not so much an issue, so long as you have a good anti - spam add-on. @sonnb 's add-on works nicely and allows me to have guest post

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/forums/test-posting.64/

I do however have an addition add-on that prevents people with X post from posting links (which I admit comes in handy). Would love it if @sonnb added that as part of his (would allow me to remove the older add-on).
I believe Stop Spam Here has "Link Checking" which based on post count and join date condition.

I believe Stop Spam Here has "Link Checking" which based on post count and join date condition.
Yes and no. The link checker, checks against spam filters, it does not outright deny posting of links if it is not found in the spam filter. What I'd like to have is it outright deny ALL links unless you have X amount of post.

My reasoning is new spam links come into being that are not always in filters .

Yes and no. The link checker, checks against spam filters, it does not outright deny posting of links if it is not found in the spam filter. What I'd like to have is it outright deny ALL links unless you have X amount of post.

My reasoning is new spam links come into being that are not always in filters .
It checks for links only. If you try to post on sonnb.com, you cannot post links if post count < 5 because I have filtered them.

You are authorized users, your posts will not be checked ;)
OK, so you have XenForo with multiple user groups. My thing is I allow even guest to post (and of course registered members). Without adding new user groups, WHERE is the setting in your add-on that says you must have X post before you can post ANY link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom