XF 1.3 Display issues?...

Jay182uk

Hi guys,

We purchased our license this time last week, and we're still in the process of setting the forums up. (community.mixedmartialmobile.com)

As I've been working on the design etc today, I've noticed that every now and then, the appearance of the index page and of a forum will look differently (more text based and messy) for maybe 20 minutes or so, and then will spontaneously go back to how I want it to look (without me editing anything at all in the Xenforo CP).

below you can see examples, 'good.jpg' is how one of our forums normally looks, and 'error.jpg' is how it then all of a sudden looks. There's an example of the index page doing the same too (a before and after shop, labelled good1.jpg and error1.jpg respectively).

I've viewed the forum in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer when this happens and it's still the same issue in all.

A colleague has suggested it could be due to our slow Internet connection here in the office - could that be it? Maybe it isn't loading the page fully due to slow speeds, and thus not loading the complete layout how I intended it to look? I hope so. Problem is, I've viewed it on my mobile too via my mobile network, and there's the same display problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Jay

Attachments

• ERROR.webp
    ERROR.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 16
  • error1.webp
    error1.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 16
  • good.webp
    good.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 14
  • good1.webp
    good1.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 12
As I've been working on the design etc today, I've noticed that every now and then, the appearance of the index page and of a forum will look differently (more text based and messy) for maybe 20 minutes or so, and then will spontaneously go back to how I want it to look (without me editing anything at all in the Xenforo CP).

Looks like a CSS issue. Maybe some CSS is failing to load. I would have to be able to reproduce the problem to debug it. Otherwise I can only guess.

Maybe a firewall at the office interfering with the request.

Looks like a CSS issue. Maybe some CSS is failing to load. I would have to be able to reproduce the problem to debug it. Otherwise I can only guess.

Maybe a firewall at the office interfering with the request.

Hi Jake, thanks for your reply!

The style we're using on the forum is Defiance (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/defiance.2702/)

It says that it isn't compatible with Xenforo 1.3, so could that be why these little bits are going wrong on my forum? because my latest version of Xenforo isn't reading the style right?

Also, in my XF control panel it says this: (see attached images)

Could this be the issue? if so - have you got any advise on how I could fix this, or am I going to have to ditch the style/theme all together and install a new one? :(

Thanks again Jake

-Jay

Attachments

• outdated1.webp
    outdated1.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 5
  • outdated2.webp
    outdated2.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom