Lack of interest Discussion List - Masonry Grid

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dynamic

Hello,

So here is my suggestion for Xenforo 2. I suggest that the discussion list have an option to display the threads in a masonry grid. It can be a forum option to display the threads in their usual list, or to display them as a grid. It should have options to display images in the boxes, etc.

The reason for this suggestion is because a lot of users are getting use to facebook, instagram etc. A forum offers things these social networks don't, but I also believe the forum needs to evolve for a new market.

Just a suggestion.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can youexplain howthiswould be beneficial to list threads in this format?

I can see why some like masonary for images butI agree with @Rob that this would likely look ugly and confusing and to me, it adds nothingapartfrom using an in-vogue-to-some styling.

Yeah, it may look ugly and confusing. So it should be able to be turned off.

However, I think it would look better than the current way the threads are displayed in a list, so that was my suggestion.

it may look ugly and confusing

would look better than the current way the threads
Contradictory.

It's like asking Audi to put an ugly and confusing feature into their cars. Do you think they would do it even if it was optional? I don't think so. ;)

Really you're going to have to give better reasons and usage case to the devs if you want them to seriously consider this. So far you have only cited Facebook (which doesn't use masonry for posts) and Instagram (which sort of does but is for images which is a completely different medium and the images are all a uniform size so technically it's tiled rather than masonry). Your only reasoning is that lots of other users use social media but no examples of where it is used in a similar context.

So maybe you could link to sites that show exactly what you are proposing and/or create a mockup to show the devs what it looks like and how it would work.

Contradictory.

Let's try again, in context.

However, I think it would look better than the current way the threads are displayed in a list, so that was my suggestion.

Mockups will help, for sure. But I made a suggestion about an alternative way Xenforo can display the content. It is up to them if they implement it or not. They will know much better than I of how to make it look good.

Thanks.

Top Bottom