DiscussAdmin.com - Just reopened

Deathstarr

After working on the forum for over a week and building it up and changing a few things. I have finally opened the forum today and starting to advertise it around.

The theme is core from PixelExit.com the forum was geared toward webmasters until I changed it and is not focusing more on communities.

http://DiscussAdmin.com

What are you offering that makes you unique compared with the multitude of admin forums already available and active out there on the t'interwebz?

Looking at the forums, it looks like every other admin forum out there with the same forum areas, the same blue colours (I hate blue ;)).

There are also glaring grammatical errors in your welcome notice. You use the word admin four times (not including the domain name) in two sentences. . . four times!! :eek:

Well, I am still working on the unique part of it but I have some things plans. It use to be a webmaster forum about seo, marketing, and development but I see that niche is well over saturated not much you can do to compete, but I will be doing a few things different soon.

Forum areas will change as needed and the theme is nice I think I looked on a few different browsers and it looks good in them, I know XenAdmins is a dark theme but I was never keen on dark themes.

I will fix the welcome message and ya I see I use the work admin quite a few times lol, Thank you for pointing it out and I will edit it so it will not be admin, admin...admin...admin forum.

Any other thoughts would be great.

Similar thoughts to Azhria really, there's nothing there that would tempt me away from other admin forums, however I see you have 45,000 posts so hats off for that. Your welcome message though needs proof reading, there's still some errors in there which just kills it - you have to get that bit right. Dodgy grammar is fine in posts but not in "official" copy. The theme is nice and clean, at the risk of being a bit generic. I think you've got a great base to work on here once you tidy it up and work on maybe some nicer visuals and/or a unique feel.

Similar thoughts to Azhria really, there's nothing there that would tempt me away from other admin forums, however I see you have 45,000 posts so hats off for that. Your welcome message though needs proof reading, there's still some errors in there which just kills it - you have to get that bit right. Dodgy grammar is fine in posts but not in "official" copy. The theme is nice and clean, at the risk of being a bit generic. I think you've got a great base to work on here once you tidy it up and work on maybe some nicer visuals and/or a unique feel.
Similar thoughts here also, Xenforo.com keeps me up to date. I don't see where all these admin have time to hang on other message boards when they have their own forums to run :)

But hey, to each his own.

Thanks Ingenious, Its building into something but the community I gain will help shape what the forum turns into. The theme is hit or miss it seems, some people love it and some hate it. I am just playing it safe with the theme. You are right on with the welcome message I need to rewrite it.

Dawg, Xenforo is more about the software and I am wanting DiscussAdmin to cover software but I would also like it to be a hub for admins like you to come and get ideas, ask for help or advice on situations, give advice to people, and while its generic I am working on a few spins to set it apart but it comes in time.

Top Bottom