Some questions, some ideas just to share and maybe to discuss

Robert9

Sometimes i ask myself why it is important to have the number of threads and posts on the first page of forum? To tell new people that we are a big board?
We always show it. In xf2 this seems to be more important to show theses numbers than to show the complete text of the last thread postet. Why we still use it?

Also i would like to know why we still have the thread icon. The information "new" is shown by bold text. It is a question of design, yes, it looks better with thread icons, but on a mobile it should be more important to have more space for content maybe? Why we love this icons so much?

Also i think about the avatars; in some forums they are important, especially when people show their real faces, but very often i feel that other missing points should be more important than tp have the avatar everywhere. In xf2 it seems we have more of this than ever before. Why we care so much for that?

At all, i found a strange new view to the world in the last days. We are full with information all the time and everywhere, so maybe it is time to calm down people with a forum that has just less from everything.

Just to test and ask my users i have build a closed xf1, where i delete and erase more and more functions and links, and discuss it with the users if anybody miss anything.
And till now it seems that people like it to have less from anything and more space and concentration to the content itself.

Now back to work!

Top Bottom