Some ideas

Robert9

My programer has less time for me and i dont need these addons at the moment, but maybe someone likes them and is able to program them for the community.

1. Instead of have an extra addon for moods, users could have a garage for avatar-pictures; then they can choose the one that fits for today.

2. The forums of world of warcraft has x names and avatars for one user. People can choose name and avatars to post posts, but have only one user account.

3. Custom fields should have two new field-types:
3.1 upload a picture
3.2 like checkbox or radio, but with x own choices

Example
Which is your favorite color => red, green, blue
this would be much better than to add x custom single fields.

4. The thread type article should have a trigger (by thread, by forum, by user ?) to get rid of the postuser; if this is just an article for the forum, nobody needs a name of the poster, this saves space especially on mobiles.

5. There is still no real search for the usertable; the solution of AndyB is a bad joke (the last time i have checked the code some month ago)
The autor of thread-filter has not done it yet.
With a good way of searching users, forums could be much more than just forums.

I have a whole catalogue of more ideas, if you look for new ideas, just write me!

2. The forums of world of warcraft has x names and avatars for one user. People can choose name and avatars to post posts, but have only one user account.

This is already in the planning stages, although not related specifically to World of Warcraft. It'll be part of my Role Playing System which I hope to begin working on before the end of January. It's going to take a while to code as it encompasses character creation, experience rewards and all that. One of the things I wanted to add to it is the ability for a user to create multiple characters and when posting select which character they are posting as (name, class, race, stats, avatar for that character will be displayed in the post bit in lieu of the members actual name and avatar).

I'm still working out the details but will post in the add-on discussion forum for feedback, suggestions, etc., when I am about to start that add-on.

Edit: I think this topic is going to be relocated...

That's some nice list. Thanks for sharing.
5. There is still no real search for the usertable; the solution of AndyB is a bad joke (the last time i have checked the code some month ago)
The autor of thread-filter has not done it yet.
With a good way of searching users, forums could be much more than just forums.
Care to explain what you mean by this?

Top Bottom