[Discuss] Route Prefix Loading process

ponology

I want to use the load_class_route_prefix code event to "hook" into buildLink method of XenForo_Route_Prefix_Threads and XenForo_Route_Prefix_Forums to prevent them to produce links with non ascii characters.

In theory, it should be find by extending those classes with a code event listener. BUT actually, it's not possible because XenForo_Link::_loadPrefixHandlerClass loads those classes using XenForo_Application::autoload instead of XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass.

Anybody's interested in this?

That's probably a worth-while add, though you may still have the limitations of whether the class is called to build the link.

Newbie here.
Then, we should be supposed to have the ability to edit what is in this class:
PHP:
class XenForo_Route_Prefix_Threads implements XenForo_Route_Interface
by just putting some shiny stuff on the acp/our mod directory?

I ask because i started my voyage with xenforo by editing that file and having the edit done automatically by the plugins system sounds great (i know that for eg ipb does this, but ipb where documented, here i understand nothing :D)

That's probably a worth-while add, though you may still have the limitations of whether the class is called to build the link.
So... will this get changed in the next release? :D

Newbie here.
Then, we should be supposed to have the ability to edit what is in this class:
PHP:
class XenForo_Route_Prefix_Threads implements XenForo_Route_Interface
by just putting some shiny stuff on the acp/our mod directory?

I ask because i started my voyage with xenforo by editing that file and having the edit done automatically by the plugins system sounds great (i know that for eg ipb does this, but ipb where documented, here i understand nothing :D)

I don't think that feature will be implemented. It just feels like... not Kier and Mike's style

Top Bottom