discounts for students?

Lol... need to laugh this out. use something else whilst you wait for funds.
There's plenty of free ones around.
Xenforo don't do discounts. It's a one off fee for the license. Do a deal with a rich mate of yours and get him to pay for the updates whilst you get to use the forum

The sugar daddy advice? 😆
I didn't catch what you were referring to until I saw the ignored content flag and decided to not do so.
My advice has been (and still is).... save up your money until you can afford what you want. That's the way the real world works. If you can't save up the money, then honestly.. it's an area you can't afford to play in (and there is no shame there, not everybody can afford the same hobbies/wants, needing to be more concerned with what it takes to subsist).
Depending on a "sugar daddy/momma" rarely ends up well.

Last edited:
Saving money is indeed not an easy task, especially if you are a student.
Yes, it is easy to save.. it may only be $5 here, or $10 there.. but almost EVERY student I've ever known wasted money on stuff. Morning cup from Starbucks (or even McDonalds)... put that money in the kitty and drink water. Buying name brand shoes instead of going to WalMart and getting shoes that work.. there is always somewhere to save from. VERY few students are living hand -> mouth while they are in school. If you are to young to be working a "real" job, there are always side jobs that can be done... I mowed yards for years to make money before I could "officially" work.

Don't think Michael's here for the lecture on saving money.
He might be on a low income which is below the poverty line.
Hence why i suggested he should go with a mate who is willing to pay for a xenforo licence.

Don't think Michael's here for the lecture on saving money.
Think many that ask this needs reality brought to the forefront. As i said, almost every student (and every person) wastes money that they don't think they are "wasting" it on, but they spend on a "want" and not a "need"... but that money can be put towards the kitty if you want something bad enough. Classic case... folks that "just have to have their coffee" and go through 2 1lb bags a month. Even at the cheapest coffee that's $10-$20 a bag x2 a month... so drink water instead of coffee and in 4-8 months you've got the money to purchase it.
I keep hearing folks complain about "can't afford it". Generally most of those can.. it simply takes sacrificing to get what they want. Most don't want to sacrifice. There are exceptions... but once more.. not everybody can play in the same hobby. If you are wanting to do it as a "business"... then you start on the free software, get your traffic up, get some income coming in and then you migrate to a paid script.
Heck, XF is already pretty much the cheapest paid script out there.
Hence why i suggested he should go with a mate who is willing to pay for a xenforo licence.
One of the worst suggestions you can give generally... because eventually there is conflict... and generally the one with no financial investment is the one who suffers.
If you can't afford a paid script right now, you simply get a free/open source one that can be migrated and use it and start saving your money. As I stated, almost EVERY person wastes money on "don't needs" each month.

Last edited:
Saving money is indeed not an easy task, especially if you are a student.
They will never give a discount even if you ask for it personally and provide authentic evidence that you are genuinely poor or don't have enough money. Business is business.

I myself owed money to my sibling when buying my first XenForo license.

I hope you will be able to purchase a XenForo license in the future. 🤲

They will never give a discount even if you ask for it personally and provide authentic evidence that you are genuinely poor or don't have enough money. Business is business.

I myself owed money to my sibling when buying my first XenForo license.

I hope you will be able to purchase a XenForo license in the future. 🤲
Short of a person sending them copies of their tax returns and a driver's license or passport to go with it, I'm not sure what would constitute "authentic evidence" of being poor. :unsure:

:LOL:
R.aeef4c9f1a46b93d606157ded9306b7d

Top Bottom