1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned Disconnect Pages

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Cory Booth, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

Any thoughts being given to making the Pages Forum feature a seperate function.
    It would be nice to have these pages (with tabbed menu) to fall outside the "Forum" as a whole.
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

+ 1 Yes !
    Pages need to be Independent of the Forums !
    I've requested this all over the Pages thread. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pages.489/

They also need a WYSIWYG editor.

They also need to be editable from OUTSIDE the adminCP !

Kier likens Pages with PHP callbacks as mini one-page applications. That makes it *EVEN WORSE* - such amazing functionality is buried in the forums.

Pages are great, but not that good, in their current form.
    Xenforo is just a forum so far, I have learned over time that the Pages are more of a prototype (Xenforo.com doesn't use) and that the Home Tab wasn't a real tab (I think it is now).

Your best bet is getting Jaxel to make a XenPageso addon.

Do you mean the Pages would have their own Tab ?

your title is misleading.
    you might want to edit it to: Make Pages independent of the Forum.

Cory, I think I am wanting something similar to what you want.

Can you give me the exact details of what you want ?
    PM with site examples, screengrabs if you need to.

I think you can easily make your own Tab. Then shouldn't it be easy just to make some HTML pages ?
  3. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

Wow! This is great....
    I am glad to see all the enthusiasm in this product....
    So I run a boating website. I have a variety of static content, like reference pages, weather radar, etc....
    In VB I was using the Pages function of vbAdvamced, but then move to making Static Articles in the VB4 CMS....
    Now I using the Pages feature of xF, but it looks kinda funny to have the pages categorized in the forum structure.
    What I am looking for is a Tabbed menu items called "REFERENCES"
    Then four Sub-Menu items called: Boating, Maps, Weather, Tools
    Then each of the Sub-Menus would have a drop-down to take you to specific pages.
    Like this
    Boating | Maps <- SubTab
    >Flags >Fishing Spots
    >Knots >Boat Traffic
    My VB site is aquiacreek.com
    My xF site is potomacboaters.com (for now)
    An example of one of my xF Pages is:
    You can see similar using VB here:
    I am reading up on Jaxel's post about Creating Pages in the Developer's forum.
    But I am still trying to grasp the concepts of MVC so this whole "create a controlller" is making my head spin.