Disabling review stars leads to SEO errors

Hi there,

We have disabled review stars (less abuse, more positive feelings with "thanks" button etc).
But it appears, that Review-aggregate markup still being embedded at page, and Google Crawlers trying to identify it. Because we disabled stars element, it returns lot's of errors about non-correct markup. I think it could be the reason why it's not trying to crawl much of our gallery.

Maybe let "Review-aggregate" markup be disabled with disabling star voting system?

There's actually no way to disable the review stars, so I suspect you may have removed the rating stuff from the templates. In which case, if you tell me what you have changed so far, I might be able to steer you in the direction of what to do to solve it completely. Alternatively, hiding the stuff using CSS may be preferable as crawlers will still be able to see it.

XenForo: 1.3.5
XenMediaGallery: 2.1.5

I know it's kinda outdated, but every upgrade is some huge operations for us - we need to preserve our hand written translations and such + upload other language pack above it. Hoping to make this process more faster by using another child language_id.

Did you disable the star rating system through permissions or some other method?
Style Options - XMG - Thumbnail Elements

upload_2015-5-12_17-36-11.webp
upload_2015-5-12_17-36-36.webp

There's actually no way to disable the review stars, so I suspect you may have removed the rating stuff from the templates. In which case, if you tell me what you have changed so far, I might be able to steer you in the direction of what to do to solve it completely. Alternatively, hiding the stuff using CSS may be preferable as crawlers will still be able to see it.
Thank you!

I'm not sure if it was manual fix or just those two chekboxes. It was some time ago...
But you're right, it's here, just hidden.

upload_2015-5-12_17-47-53.webp

Hmm. I just can't find where I could leave that by hand.

Edit:

upload_2015-5-12_17-50-23.webp

Found here, but there is no sign of editing - as you can see, tab is blue, and template is not showing itself as edited. Strange.

IIRC correctly, there were actually some fixes related to this in newer versions.

Unfortunately I can't suggest anything other than upgrading to XFMG 1.0.5. That should solve the problem.

Top Bottom