XF 2.2 Disable "unlike" for members

Hi there,

On the forum, members can hit the "like" button in a topic.
However, the can aslo "unlike" the topic again.
On my forum when you hit the "like" button, hidden content will open.
So i want to disable that people can "unlike".
Where do i do this per "usergroup"? I can't find it.

Thank you
Bob

Solution
If your members aren't tech savvy, you could do this as a temp solution until you get someone to make a permission-based addon:

Add to extra.less:
Code:
.message-footer .actionBar-set .has-reaction {
    display: none !important;
}
Verry strange!
When does the error come?

(set a reply to the above topic also)
Apparently it's only present for those running 8.1 of PHP... I don't know what the error is, and what is related is in that add-on discussion thread (why it's always a good idea to keep up with those for the add-ons you are using).

I wasn't going to take the chance with it... already got bit by an add-on that killed the site for a bit.

However, the can aslo "unlike" the topic again.
You can make an extension. When extending the post entity
1693558788943.png
But keep in mind that the replacement of reactions will also not be available.
There is another option that allows you to change reactions, applies to all types of content. If you need to apply to a specific content type, add a condition.
It is done at the ControllerPlugin level, when checking reactions in the validateReactionAction function.
1693561149665.png
In this code, this applies to all types of content check, allows you to change reactions, but forbids removing it. How to implement it, read the documentation:
For those who can't remove reactions, you can also add a check.

Maybe beceause it works? And it is working with this mod, and you requested a fix. So here it is.....
Upgrading to PHP 8.2 is NOT a fix... in fact, it can be a recipe for disaster... kind of like running (back in the day) 130 octane avgas in a vehicle. Great for performance... hell on maintenance.
If there are issues present with 8.1, pretty assured they will carry over to 8.2... and the most concerning issue... lack of response from that developer in the very support thread for that add-on. Nary a peep for 7 months with reported issues is a little troubling... but you keep doing you. I'll continue to run what is recommended (even if it's currently a wink-wink-nod-nod from the developers).
If you actually think that's a fix.... then I simply hope your avatar is a "for fun" one, because I sure don't want a contractor using non-approved methods to "fix" my stuff. Been down that road... still got the loan paperwork for what we had to take out to fix the contractors "fixes".

Upgrading to PHP 8.2 is NOT a fix... in fact, it can be a recipe for disaster... kind of like running (back in the day) 130 octane avgas in a vehicle. Great for performance... hell on maintenance.
If there are issues present with 8.1, pretty assured they will carry over to 8.2... and the most concerning issue... lack of response from that developer in the very support thread for that add-on. Nary a peep for 7 months with reported issues is a little troubling... but you keep doing you. I'll continue to run what is recommended (even if it's currently a wink-wink-nod-nod from the developers).
If you actually think that's a fix.... I simply hope your avatar is a "for fun" one, because I sure don't want a contractor using non-approved methods to "fix" my stuff.
Ok, Good luck!

Ok, Good luck!
BTW, should mention.. since most of those warnings are based upon deprecated statements... they won't stop the running immediately.. they are warnings that the code DOES need to be refactored before it does cause issues. You usually will only see those when you get into development mode.. so unless you have had that enabled, it's not surprising that you haven't seen those notifications and you are going along thinking all is fine in the world.

It's enabled, and got no error's what so ever.
For me it works like this, no problems!
I only tell you what my findings are, what you do with it is your bussines.
Hope the developer respons soon so it's working for you also!

Why this whole discussion?
No i do not!
What is your point to keep this discussion going?
Do you want to hear that you are right? That the way i'm doing things is not good?

You asked for something in this thread, i respond with my findings.
It's on you to do with it what you want.
I do not understand why you are keep comming back and point to me things YOU do not reccommend.
Everybody is doing things his own way.

But if you need to hear that you are right.....

You are right Tracy, i have no idea what i'm doing what so ever!

Why this whole discussion?
No i do not!
What is your point to keep this discussion going?
Becasue I like clarification... you state that you don't see errors... you are told those show up when in developer mode but are not "earth ending". You then state that you have your site in developer mode and YOU don't see any errors, which are simply because you are running 8.2.x and that is the "solution" to the problems. Now, let's not even mention running developer mode normally (which was the inference I got from you as it would be the only way you could see those errors cropping up), which is not a good idea for normal running.
It simply puts someones statements into context. I don't like to recommend to others to run something that people are having issues with and those have not been addressed in almost 1/2 a year. Those are not show stopping issues... it's more the lack of developer response.
But as I said, you do you... have a great night... I gotta get back to trying to get my EAF to focus on NGC 6960.

Last edited:
Top Bottom