XF 2.2 Disable "unlike" for members

Hi there,

On the forum, members can hit the "like" button in a topic.
However, the can aslo "unlike" the topic again.
On my forum when you hit the "like" button, hidden content will open.
So i want to disable that people can "unlike".
Where do i do this per "usergroup"? I can't find it.

Thank you
Bob

Solution
If your members aren't tech savvy, you could do this as a temp solution until you get someone to make a permission-based addon:

Add to extra.less:
Code:
.message-footer .actionBar-set .has-reaction {
    display: none !important;
}
You can't out of the box because people do sometimes hit the like button by accident and want to undo it (especially on mobile).

Thing is I'd question the premise of hiding content behind likes - it'll just make people click the like to see the content, just like Pavlov's dog, it's not reflective of people actually liking it or being appreciative of it. Just the same way that gating content behind 'reply to see this' just guarantees a stream of useless one line answers that don't actually achieve anything.

I need this, and i have used it for over 20 years on Vbulletin 4.
So i have experience in what works for me and my forum and for my other 65.000 members.
Sinds you can like and unlike, there has to be a way (plug-in) to disable the unlike option.

So if it's really not in XF an option please let me know, then i have to look for a developer that makes small plug-ins.

Regards

If your members aren't tech savvy, you could do this as a temp solution until you get someone to make a permission-based addon:

Add to extra.less:
Code:
.message-footer .actionBar-set .has-reaction {
    display: none !important;
}

Solution
how do you use this to stop members unlike a post ?

Add this to your style, and then they can't "dislike"

Add this to your style, and then they can't "dislike"
And has the PHP 8.1 issue been fixed in that add-on. I removed it after not seeing any replies/updates by the author since I do run PHP 8.1 on my system.

Top Bottom