XF 1.5 disable thread creation in Category but only in...

hostmarcel

hello everyone,
i cannot seem to find the option to disable thread creation in the Category
i want them only to be allowed to post in the given forums created in the Category
see picture bellow.
thanks in advance!

hostmarcel.png

It isn't possible to post threads in categories.

You must have created that node as a forum.

Your options are to create a new category and move all of the forums to it (and delete the existing parent forum), or revoke permission for the registered user group to post threads in the parent forum and allow it for each child forum.

first of all thanks for the fast reply Brogan

hmm, it seems like i did how can i overlook that... so now i just disable the post threads on the created forum but allowed on the sub-forums that would work right?

hostmarcel2.png

I think it's possible as I did it for my forum :)
Just go to the category you want to disable making new threads then u will see a tab there called forum options, click on that and uncheck the first option and click save forum button. It's done , users will not be able to create threads there but they can make threads inside the forums sections. Hope this is what you wanted?

i do have some issues, not sure if i (again) overlooked something
so i disabled posting in the created forum but it's now allowed in the sub-forums, the problem is, i myself as admin is not allowed also haha..
also, the note permissions have been updated with full access... yet still I'm not allowed.. see screenshots

muwarnode.png

but still i'm not allowed to make threads

muwarnode2.png

am i really that stupid O_O

so i disabled posting in the created forum
If you disabled it using the forum option, posting won't be possible, regardless of permissions.

Your options are to create a new category and move all of the forums to it (and delete the existing parent forum), or revoke permission for the registered user group to post threads in the parent forum and allow it for each child forum.

It isn't possible to post threads in categories.

You must have created that node as a forum.

thats what i did, so far so good thanks for the help Brogan and khan786

Top Bottom