XF 1.2 Disable Signatures?

denisx04

Is it possible to disable signatures in a specific section of a forum? For an example my website has a roleplay section and members have been asking if its possible to remove signatures from that whole section because it gets in the way of the flow of what they're reading.​

I meant or, not and.

Edit the template and wrap the signature code in a conditional statement using the node IDs.
Or use EXTRA.css to hide them, again using the node IDs.

I'm on my tablet so can't help with the actual code.

Doesn't this mean only hidden by making white, etc? I would think that not showing it at all would not trigger a downrank..
No matter what method you use via css, Google will see it, the idea is that a guest should see the same thing as Google Bot. If you want to disable signatures in a specific forum, it is better to just create a child style, then remove the signature part in the templates and then force this style on that forum.

Edit the message template.

Find this:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">
    <div class="baseHtml signature messageText ugc{xen:if $message.isIgnored, ' ignored'}"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
</xen:if>

Surround it in a conditional statement using the node ID, like so:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 32">
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">
        <div class="baseHtml signature messageText ugc{xen:if $message.isIgnored, ' ignored'}"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>

Change the 32 in the top line to the actual node ID.

You can determine the node ID from the ACP or using a browser inspection tool.

Maybe a suggestion for XenForo 1.3?

A lot of forums have a forum for departed user or something like this and it would be great to deactivate the signature for that kinds of forums in the "Forum Options"
  • Allow signatures to be displayed in this forum

Top Bottom