1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Disable IP logging of users

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by davb, Dec 22, 2013.

1. davb

davb Member

hi

is it possible to disable IP logging for specified users.

thanks

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

By default, no, it is not currently possible.

Additional thoughts....

I would suspect this would require a lot of code edits, as this is something that is hard coded inside XenForo, as it is for every other development project that I am aware of.

I don't think this is something that you can bypass through add-on manipulation either.

I don't know why you would want to do that. It could be a security concern, because if someone were to log in as someone else (staff for example), you would have no way to notice or record it.

Further assuming you edited the core files to achieve this, they would not pass the internal file health checker. Not to add that you would need to do it all over again if you upgraded.

davb likes this.
  3. davb

davb Member

Planning to introduce a private thread in the future, where users can be anonymous. Looks like a tough job to implement.

4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

There are add-ons for anonymous posting....

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-anonymous-posting.970/

You'll still record the IP address and the staff will still have the power to know who posted what. Which is good, because you don't want people to abuse the system (your site).

5. davb

davb Member

This won't be of use. May be what i am looking is not possible

thanks