Lack of interest Disable FURLs for selected forums

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

CTXMedia

I'd like to suggest an option to selectively disable FURLs.

I'd like to do this for a number of private forums so that outbound links don't have the thread title in the referring URL in the server logs of the destination server.

I was recently caught out by this when a link from our private moderators forum left a "calling card".

Obviously disabling outbound links is one option, as is selective wording of thread titles, but it would be good if the thread titles are removed from URLs for private forums.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sounds like a good idea to me. I could see us discussing a new project yet to be revealed under a private forum with the title in the forum. However it would have to be leaked by someone linking it, easy to do if you use IRC etc.

Then again, just save the forum. Go back into it, look at the URL and see the node_id of that forum. Then set "URL Portion" to the node_id. Essentially the same thing.

Tested this as typing it out, turns out it wants more than just a number or "-". Guess that is for routing concerns. So do the above but just with private. So the forum I just did it to has node_id of 9. I set the URL Portion to private-9.

I do agree that if a node is set to private it isn't private enough. All threads and attachments in any private forum should have the titles removed as well imo.

Tested this as typing it out, turns out it wants more than just a number or "-". Guess that is for routing concerns. So do the above but just with private. So the forum I just did it to has node_id of 9. I set the URL Portion to private-9.

This still doesn't remove the thread title from the URL though. ;)

I would make a mod for this but I think it is something XenForo will do. The best way I can think to do it is edit XenForo_Link to have a private flag to remove any titles from URLs. Then have a page container parameter that can be passed into a response view to flag as private.