Add-on Suggestion: Daily Digest emails by user selected forums

NealC

My users are asking for a feature they had on a vB3 forum they are coming from that allows them to get digest emails (daily or other intervals) for forums they choose to follow. The add-on must be "OFF" by default so the users OPT-IN to what they want to follow and set the desired frequency.

Yeah, it would be nice if forums & threads could be watched with daily/weekly digests instead of immediate notifications.

I think this addon by @DragonByte Tech has everything you need:

Receive Site Digest is what I see in that add-on and no one wants a digest of an entire site, imagine a large site. They want digests specific to their interests, in my case on RVForums.com they want updates specific to their brand of RV, chassis, engine, etc. only. Thanks though, but this seems to be the limitations I'm finding in add-ons that do digests, not enough fine grain control for end users.

I'm looking for a user to be able to receive digest emails for a selected forum just like they click WATCH and in that WATCH option should be options for digest emails and frequency to receive.

There is a preferences setting where a user can choose to receive the digest just form specific forums (tough default is all forums, but that can be adjusted as I said).

Edit, Screenshot:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-17 um 16.11.14.png

When you click on Configure content settings, you can choose the forums. It can also be extended (with coding) for additional content types.

Last edited:
Top Bottom