XF 2.0 Disable fullsize images in Editor

developr

Hi all together,

is it possible change the permission or settings that members are not able to insert fullsize images?

I don't want to shrink the size of the original images so we have 4k or 8k images available in the future. and I like the idea to save the original quality for later use (gbit internet and 8k displays). And of course the members have the ability to download the images in original size (lightbox). Thats fine.

So in this moment I have no limit in the settings for the maximum width and height. Some members upload pictures up to 6MB. xf2 will generate a thumbnail and thats also fine. But most of the users dont use the thumbnails because the editor insert the fullscreen images when they upload them with the img-Button.

I have 20 posts per thread and each post could have 20 attachments (400 pictures per page and each photo could have 5MB = 2GB per page!).

So I would like to force the editor to use the thumbnail instead of fullsize image or to disable the fullsize image. Fullsize is available when you click on the image.

Hi,

in the past my user were able to upload all images without limitation of size (width/height) but now I entered a limit. In the future every larger image will shrink by xf on upload. But is there a ability to shrink all images from the past?

Top Bottom