Disable Email and Password Edit

Disable Email and Password Edit 1.0.0

No permission to download

kolakube

Mangini submitted a new resource:

Disable Edit Email and Password - A simple addon that allows you to disable Edit password and email permissions for groups

This addon allows you to entirely disable users and user groups from changing their email or password in XenForo with a simple permissions set. All admin capabilities still remain. Set your own custom "Reset password" and "Edit password/email" pages in the User Options admin to re-link native XenForo password reset and change password/email buttons.

Features tour:
  1. Adds new "Edit email address" and "Edit password" permissions to User and Groups permissions
  2. Adds custom Edit...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome! But......

1. "Reset Password" process still works from login page. Would be preferred that it redirects you to an error page after hitting submit on the reset password page, or, as a second choice throws an error when you attempt to reset your password by clicking on the reset password link.

Any chance you could add this?

1. "Reset Password" process still works from login page. Would be preferred that it redirects you to an error page after hitting submit on the reset password page, or, as a second choice throws an error when you attempt to reset your password by clicking on the reset password link.
How did you configure the addon settings? There is an option to disable the forgot your password functionality, or replace the URL with your own. I wasn't able to find a working password reset page with the options configured, so if you can replicate the steps you took to get to it that would be helpful.

I wasn't exactly sure what those fields did so i tried it with only the second one enabled....and another one with them blank. Currently I have them both blank.

With them both blank, the "change password" option is correctly removed from the profile page as is "change email"

However, if you go to the login page and click the "Forgot password" link and enter your email, you get an email with a link to reset your password and it's successful.

@dbuerer There is a checkbox setting to completely disable the "Forgot your password?" links and modals from XF.

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 12.56.21 PM.webp
The text field below it allows you to enter an alternative page URL users can go to reset their passwords if you've made a custom portal to do so. If either of these options are filled in, there shouldn't be a way to trigger the "reset your password" modal.

agreed...but i need forgot password enabled for users that are not part of the group that disables reset.

Group 1 - CAN change email, password, and reset password
Group 2 - can NOT change email, password, or reset password.

agreed...but i need forgot password enabled for users that are not part of the group that disables reset.

Group 1 - CAN change email, password, and reset password
Group 2 - can NOT change email, password, or reset password.
If those are XF usergroups you can selectively apply those permissions.

1-disable-email-password-permissions-png.245448

OK- thanks for your help with this.

My goal is that groups which are members of "Inside Support" are forced to use SSO and not allowed to use Xenforo account username/password. I'm attempting to do that by using this plug in to restrict members of Inside Support from being able to change their username or password. When I put them into the Inside Support group, I'm changing their password to something they don't know so their only option is to use SSO to log in. I need the forgot password links disabled so that they can't reset it, and, i don't want them to change their email either.

For setup, I have edit email address set to never and edit password set to never for the Inside support group. That actually is working flawless.

For all users except those in the inside support group however, they need to be able to rest their password. If i click disable forgot password, it removes it from everyone...i only need it gone (or throwing an error message/redirecting to a different reset password link) for that one group

Top Bottom