1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Disable Colour BBCode for Specific Usergroups

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Static-Xbox, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Static-Xbox

Static-Xbox Active Member

Hey all,

This may be the wrong section for this, I'm not entirely sure on that, but I have one question that I would like to phrase two different ways:

-Is it possible to disable the colour BBCode for specific usergroups so that their messages show up in the standard font colour (all messages, preferably)?

If that's not possible:

-Is there a conditional I can use so that certain usergroups' messages (and chatbox messages, but that part I can figure out separately) show up in a single, predefined colour while other usergroups can post whatever colour they want? This seems the more plausible of the two, but if neither one is, that's fine, it's just something I'm looking to find out.

Thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's not possible to restrict bb codes to user groups or render post content differently.

3. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

In the Bbm (BbCodes & Buttons Manager), you can disable some XenForo Bb Codes (such as the color one) or give permissions to some. At the moment, you can't set permissions to the color Bb Code (nobody asked it for). It could be coded in a future release, but right now @Xon is developing major modifications, so it will have to wait.

Xon likes this.
  4. Static-Xbox

Thanks @Brogan -- I had found a couple of older threads with similar responses, but hoped it had changed since that time. Oh well, moving on!

@cclaerhout -- Thanks for that, I'll look into this most definitely!

5. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

6. Static-Xbox

That's incredible, thanks for that!