Lack of interest Direct link to users profile page from postbit

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Borgia

Can not quite put my finger on it but it irrates me that to see someone's profile, I need to click on their picture, and once it loads, click on it again.

I think that there should be a way to only click once.

Sorry if this has already been said.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
How often do you look at a user's profile? I rarely look at a user's full profile as the Member Card tells me enough information about them and allows me to view all their posts or trophies.

I think all these drag/ hover/ rightclick type of options are cool.
But I want a text link that EXPLAINS what to do to get the profile - many many board members are pointclickers.

So along the bottom I'd like to see

--- More about me ---
or something like that, as a link.

I think all these drag/ hover/ rightclick type of options are cool.
But I want a text link that EXPLAINS what to do to get the profile - many many board members are pointclickers.

So along the bottom I'd like to see

--- More about me ---
or something like that, as a link.

You can always make the template edit to add this on your site when you get the code :)

I prefer it the way it is myself.

You can always make the template edit to add this on your site when you get the code :)

Yes of course ... I could redesign lots and lots of things as template edits. That's fine for just me but it goes a lot further than just me.

Generally when I put forward a Suggestion here I am thinking of how thousands and thousands of XF members are going to be coping with it. Not just my piddling little communities precious though they are to me and my members.

In this case I'm concerned that a great many XF end user members are not savvy about hovering, rightclicking etc (not admins - the board members)
Design should always aim at servicing the lowest reasonable level of skill to be inclusive, to not LOSE people. We work hard to GET our members. We don't want to lose them just because they can't easil;y see how to do things.

For some of us those lowskill members pay our bills. For others lowskill members contribuite in a hundred ways - interesting posts, supportiveness, mediation in sensitive areas, ideas for our projects.

Fine if you're running a board for happy nerds. But I don't think that's the size of niche XF is for.

People aren't as dumb as many administrators make them out to be; they'll easily adapt to a different system, especially if they're not as technically inclined as others. Its usually the opposite that tends to be the issue (As shown on this forum); administrators and technically inclined users are the ones against changing, as they're already use to one system, and are  unwilling to learn a new one that acts differently.

XenForo trains the user while they browse. Certain things dropdown as a hover, other things create an overlay when clicked, and some things work much differently then they're use to, but in the end they'll grow use to it, and probably be more fond of the new system then they were of the old. 

How often do you look at a user's profile? I rarely look at a user's full profile as the Member Card tells me enough information about them and allows me to view all their posts or trophies.

In fact, a lot of times. I find the User's Profile (the info on it) most of the time much more interesting then the XF Member Card. I understand and like the concept of the Member Card and I think it is innovative thinking. However, I keep finding myself over and over again in the position that I just click the Member Card to go straight to the User's Profile. So if this is mainly my purpose of using the Member Card, then I hope there will be some way in the future that we can access the User's Profile directly.

I click my mouse wheel on every link so that it opens in a new tab... this is probably why I haven't found the membercard an inconvenience.

At the moment both the user's avatar AND their username - link to the same usercard popout.

If I wish to visit someone's profile page I must click, wait for the usercard to appear, then find and click the profile page link within the usercard.

My suggestion is to change the link for the username so it goes DIRECTLY to the profile page!

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom