Lack of interest Direct download URL editing (not updates)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Goodspeed

Hi there!

I can't get why there is no ability to edit exsiting URL of a file or any other download source. The only way to make a change is to add new update. Could you please add this feature?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I will leave this as an open suggestion, but the point is really that "internal" downloads and "external" downloads are the same thing, except where the file exists; generally speaking, it's assumed that you would roughly be pointing to an actual file. As such, there is full versioning for external files just as there is for internal files. Thus, releasing a new version requires doing an update.

Related to versions, I sometimes make a typo by accident... when I'm really tired. :)
Right now, I have to edit the database, it would be nice to have a way to edit it through XF interface.

I will leave this as an open suggestion, but the point is really that "internal" downloads and "external" downloads are the same thing, except where the file exists; generally speaking, it's assumed that you would roughly be pointing to an actual file. As such, there is full versioning for external files just as there is for internal files. Thus, releasing a new version requires doing an update.
Mike, thank you for your reply! I understand your point. But, is it really hard to add source editing feature as option? As Floren mentioned, misstype or change of source makes this feature very important.

Jeremy, I think URL change take less time then adding new update.

Top Bottom