1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Direct download URL editing (not updates)

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by Goodspeed, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Goodspeed

Goodspeed Member

Hi there!

I can't get why there is no ability to edit exsiting URL of a file or any other download source. The only way to make a change is to add new update. Could you please add this feature?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I will leave this as an open suggestion, but the point is really that "internal" downloads and "external" downloads are the same thing, except where the file exists; generally speaking, it's assumed that you would roughly be pointing to an actual file. As such, there is full versioning for external files just as there is for internal files. Thus, releasing a new version requires doing an update.
  3. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Related to versions, I sometimes make a typo by accident... when I'm really tired. :)
    Right now, I have to edit the database, it would be nice to have a way to edit it through XF interface.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Release a new version, remove the old version.
  5. Goodspeed

Goodspeed Member

Mike, thank you for your reply! I understand your point. But, is it really hard to add source editing feature as option? As Floren mentioned, misstype or change of source makes this feature very important.

Jeremy, I think URL change take less time then adding new update.