• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Digital Point User Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed and working great.
Do you know how I can manually add the link to the Members submenu between Current Visitor and Recent activity?
I believe that would be in the navigation template.

This is totally off topic, but could you PM me the best place to get support for this product for wordpress, thanks. Sorry to highjack!
It doesn't work on WordPress. WordPress doesn't (normally) have registered users or keep sessions of the ones online. But I did make something sort of the same thing for those types of sites that works on a 24 hour window (and also doesn't require you install anything beyond a bit of HTML)...

http://tools.digitalpoint.com/geovisitors.php

I believe that would be in the navigation template.

It doesn't work on WordPress. WordPress doesn't (normally) have registered users or keep sessions of the ones online. But I did make something sort of the same thing for those types of sites that works on a 24 hour window (and also doesn't require you install anything beyond a bit of HTML)...

http://tools.digitalpoint.com/geovisitors.php

Anyway to make it so admins can click on the dots and see what username is attached?

Shaw,
1) When someone is viewing the User Map page, the who's online is showing that person as "Viewing unknown page". I believe it's a simple thing to show "Viewing User Map"
2) I'm looking at your XML file and trying to add the phrase and link to the navigation link on the Member submenu

Add this to the public controller:
PHP:
public static function getSessionActivityDetailsForList(array $activities) {
        return 'viewing map'; // phrase;)
    }

Ick... yeah, I completely forgot about handling the current location. I'll get it updated.

Gimme a break... first XF addon attempt. :)

Shawn
It's been working fine on my site until today when it shows

Server Error

geoip_record_by_name() [function.geoip-record-by-name]: Host 188.190.85.224 not found
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. geoip_record_by_name() in DigitalPointUserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php at line 77
  3. DigitalPointUserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/forum/index.php at line 15

Ick... yeah, I completely forgot about handling the current location. I'll get it updated.

Gimme a break... first XF addon attempt. :)
Great.
Can you add instruction on how to add the link manually to the navigation template for people who don't want another tab?

I went ahead and updated the package to 1.0.1... It addresses the issue if a server error when an IP address is not able to be geolocated as well as handling where the user is located (so it doesn't show unknown location).

Great.
Can you add instruction on how to add the link manually to the navigation template for people who don't want another tab?
It really depends WHERE in the template you want to add it (it's entirely up to you really). You would just add the HTML for the link where ever you want the link to show up.

Has the current zip in the original post been updated...just want to be sure before I test this out.

I went ahead and updated the package to 1.0.1... It addresses the issue if a server error when an IP address is not able to be geolocated as well as handling where the user is located (so it doesn't show unknown location).

It really depends WHERE in the template you want to add it (it's entirely up to you really). You would just add the HTML for the link where ever you want the link to show up.
upgraded to 1.0.1 and all went smoothly.
Thanks

I am such a nub I forgot to install the GeoIP extension :-) got the friendly reminder after I installed...other than that it looks like it works
tongue.png
... I am having my host compile the extension for me as we speak...

@ digitalpoint - which of these would you recommend if any as far as reliability/performance.
http://pecl.php.net/package/geoip
http://pear.php.net/package/Net_GeoIP/redirected

Ok your addon works with the pear module :-)

I am getting this when I click a link though...maybe I need to read the thread through again for the answer but when I click the view in google earth link in the placemarker for any user I get an error...

The controller DigitalPointUserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap does not define an action called Googleearth&location=72.7907028198,41.6902999878.

Did I do something wrong or does this need to be fixed/implemented still?

I have a similar issue.

When I click on the "View In Google Earth" link I get:

The requested page could not be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom