• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Digital Point User Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawn,
Can you make the tab under Member instead of on its own tab?
That's where I would have preferred to put it, but there's not a mechanism in XenForo to add stuff to a sub-nav. Because of that, I made the navbar link a setting you can just disable in case someone wants to add it to a sub-nav (or anywhere else) with a template edit.
anyway to not highlight the admin red?
Yep, just go to settings... you pick which usergroups will display in red.

That's where I would have preferred to put it, but there's not a mechanism in XenForo to add stuff to a sub-nav. Because of that, I made the navbar link a setting you can just disable in case someone wants to add it to a sub-nav (or anywhere else) with a template edit.
Fair enough. I hope the mechanism is available at some future point so we don't have to deal with template edits anymore.

When trying to use this I get the following error: The city database for the Geo IP extension is missing. Database is expected to be at: /usr/share/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat

I've contacted our host about it but wondered if anyone here could help.

Our hosts fixed the issue I was having all working now (although it thinks I'm in the wrong city I assume that's down to my ISP)

add-on is working fine but by clicking the link to view in google-earth then i get an error.
the link shows up as: http://mysite.tld/usermap/GoogleEarth/&location=-xx.034599304199,xx.901500701904
(link modded)
with the error:The requested page could not be found.

Edit:
ahh...i see: // TO-DO: handle Google Earth call
Hmmm... it should work. What's the URL you have it running at?

can you zoom in and see where everyone is in real time?
Yep...

Hrm...added the files to the server as in Installation instructions, but when trying to install the addon, I get 'Please enter a valid callback method.' Same response when uploading through browser, or install from file on server. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thx!

How up to date is the map? I would prefer it show the past 24 hours.
The map is realtime based on users that are online now. A large forum (like mine, which is what it was made for originally) would have issues displaying everything from the last 24 hours because you would be trying to plot more than 200,000 pins on a single map (which would probably kill your browser and/or Google Map).

Hrm...added the files to the server as in Installation instructions, but when trying to install the addon, I get 'Please enter a valid callback method.' Same response when uploading through browser, or install from file on server. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thx!
I would double check you have a DigitalPointUserMap folder within your library folder... that error sounds like either the files are no there or they are misplaced.

Does the pin have the user's username attached to it? And how is the location determined, is it the location of their internet provider?

Ok gotcha, Im still holding out for a more detailed, look my buddy is logged on over at that coffee shop type of 4square type thing.

Hrm. Got the Goeip module loaded and the cities DB installed but I'me getting:

geoip_record_by_name() [function.geoip-record-by-name]: Host 71.253.197.174 not found
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. geoip_record_by_name()inDigitalPointUserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.phpat line136
  3. DigitalPointUserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionIndex()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/ikeafans/public_html/community/index.phpat line15
Any ideas?

It's running on a testbed configured to a domain name that's in actual use on our live server (we use hosts files on our development parallels environment to map the domain to the testbed IP instead of the live server IP.), is it possible that that's keeping the data from coming back?

I didn't realize it throws a PHP warning if the lookup failed, but I confirmed that's the case.

In the /library/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php file, you can change the two places that call geoip_record_by_name() to just have an @ on them like so:
PHP:
$user_location = @geoip_record_by_name(long2ip($user['ip']));

That will prevent it from crapping out if it can't perform the lookup (for whatever reason).

That being said, I think you may have some further issue though because that IP address is perfectly fine when doing a lookup on it. I just tested it to confirm and I get back:

Code:
Array
(
    [continent_code] => NA
    [country_code] => US
    [country_code3] => USA
    [country_name] => United States
    [region] => VA
    [city] => Virginia Beach
    [postal_code] =>
    [latitude] => 36.806098937988
    [longitude] => -76.06120300293
    [dma_code] => 544
    [area_code] => 757
)

I would double/triple check that the database files are correct and in the right place.

If you would like to check if you have the geoip extension you can display an array of all the compiled extensions php has available to it on your server.

Create a new doc, paste the following code in, and save as whatever.php, after uploading to your server point your browser at the path/to/this/extensionchecker.php
Code:
<?php
print_r(get_loaded_extensions());
?>

I just did and found I need to add this to the modules available to my server. I will do that and be trying this out.

Installed and working great.
Do you know how I can manually add the link to the Members submenu between Current Visitor and Recent activity?

Awesome work S.

Thanks for making & releasing the xf addons you've made for vb.
I can't wait to join digitalpoint again to find it runs xenforo, at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom