• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Digital Point Spy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have an option in admin.php to switch between route spy/ and live/

I'd love to just have the page open while I am working on the site, it connects people a lot faster.

Tried this with GeekPoint's custom index, it didn't work at first attempt (kept trying to call <xfroot>/feed).

Eh... to be honest, I'm not really excited about the idea of it tracking every little thing like likes and relationship of people relative to the user looking at it. The queries needed to do that could actually start stressing people's DB servers.

More importantly, I have months (literally) of non-stop work I need to do in order to get MY site on XenForo. Getting my site on XenForo is a higher priority right now. ;)

at first many many thanks Shawn for porting this!

Just made the edit and I'm still seeing nothing appearing. I can't link to the page because I'm testing it on off-line localhost install.

Edit: Just tried the same with /feed added on path and same as others happens. It shows it with no formatting.

now the bad part, same here with latest version in thread on 1.1b4 ;)

Errr... I'm seriously about to stab someone with these URLs. lol

Can you change your js/digitalpoint/spy.js file to this:

Code:
var spyHighestId=0,spyItems=[],spyTiming=1E3;function getSpyItems(){$.ajax({url:window.location+"/feed"+(window.location.href.indexOf("?")>0?"&":"?")+"last="+spyHighestId+"&r="+Math.random(),type:"GET",success:function(a){a=$.makeArray($.parseJSON(a));$.each(a,function(a,c){$.each(c,function(a,b){b.length>0&&(spyItems.push(b),spyHighestId=Math.max(parseInt(a),spyHighestId))})});spyInsert()}})}
function spyInsert(){if(spyItems.length>0){var a=spyItems.shift();$("#spyContents .discussionListItems").prepend('<div class="itemWrapper">'+a+"</div>");$("#spyContents .itemWrapper:first-child").slideDown(spyTiming/2);$("#spyContents .itemWrapper").length>25&&$("#spyContents .itemWrapper:last-child").slideUp(spyTiming/2,function(){$("#spyContents .itemWrapper:last-child").remove()})}spyItems.length>0?setTimeout("spyInsert()",spyTiming):(spyTiming=2E3,setTimeout("getSpyItems()",5E3))};

Let me know if it works please so I can get the source package updated.

Errr... I'm seriously about to stab someone with these URLs. lol

Can you change your js/digitalpoint/spy.js file to this:

Code:
var spyHighestId=0,spyItems=[],spyTiming=1E3;function getSpyItems(){$.ajax({url:window.location+"/feed"+(window.location.href.indexOf("?")>0?"&":"?")+"last="+spyHighestId+"&r="+Math.random(),type:"GET",success:function(a){a=$.makeArray($.parseJSON(a));$.each(a,function(a,c){$.each(c,function(a,b){b.length>0&&(spyItems.push(b),spyHighestId=Math.max(parseInt(a),spyHighestId))})});spyInsert()}})}
function spyInsert(){if(spyItems.length>0){var a=spyItems.shift();$("#spyContents .discussionListItems").prepend('<div class="itemWrapper">'+a+"</div>");$("#spyContents .itemWrapper:first-child").slideDown(spyTiming/2);$("#spyContents .itemWrapper").length>25&&$("#spyContents .itemWrapper:last-child").slideUp(spyTiming/2,function(){$("#spyContents .itemWrapper:last-child").remove()})}spyItems.length>0?setTimeout("spyInsert()",spyTiming):(spyTiming=2E3,setTimeout("getSpyItems()",5E3))};

Let me know if it works please so I can get the source package updated.

That did the trick for me:

http://xenfans.com/spy/

Feel free to use it as a demo.

i have been looking forward to this for over a year now :)
hopefully somebody will turn this into a a xenporta widget soon hey

i have been looking forward to this for over a year now :)
hopefully somebody will turn this into a a xenporta widget soon hey
I'll probably do it someday if someone doesn't beat me to it... but like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I really need to be working on getting all the custom stuff I've done rewritten for XF before I start doing too many little side projects.

I think this would look better if you did it more like the news feed / alerts. Whereas you display a bunch of rows of data which is controled by handlers for each content type. Instead of the table layout you have.

So for example. Instead of...

spy_current.webp

Have something similar to...

spy_proposed.webp

Floris,

{size} is hide or really error output?

The footer on the site is still from an older XenForo instance. There's a lot more info in there for the super-admin. The size doesn't matter to me, and debug usually isn't on.

Thanks for reporting, I've upped the priority in the project manager to look into it and refresh it for 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom