Digital Point Search

Digital Point Search [Paid] 2.0.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)

digitalpoint

digitalpoint submitted a new resource:

Digital Point Search - Extends XF search (new searchable content types, etc.)

Note: This is listed as $25, but it's actually free for premium members of our website.

This is the search system we use at digitalpoint.com.

For a detailed description, please go here: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/digital-point-search.1772/item

This adds some things to XenForo's search system...
  • Conversations are searchable (new searchable content type)
  • Users are searchable (new searchable content type)
  • Reports are searchable by mods/admins (new...

Read more about this resource...

Yep... see the first line of the description about that. It's actually free for our premium members. The $150 price on our site for non-premium members is just an arbitrary price since it needs one. It's intended strictly for our premium members (which someone can get a 1 month membership for $25).

Searchable conversations makes this worth it alone.

Would you expect any performance issues with this if we're already at the edge of our server capability? Would it massively increase the search index for example with ES?

Really it would just depend on how many conversation messages you have in your system... It certainly isn't going to exponentially increase the ES index size or anything, but it *is* going to be dependent on how many conversations you have in the system (of course). If you have 10,000,000 conversation messages, it's going to be more or less equivalent (size-wise) for 10,000,000 posts.

Personally, I hate having a ton of old conversation messages no one reads eating up database and ES memory, so we prune conversations without any activity after 6 months (or 12 months if you are a premium member) on our site. But that pruning function isn't part of this addon... that's something different.

I really like the "most posted areas" feature and can find deleted posts feature.

Wait I'm confused. I thought it was $150. So is it $25 like right now without a subscription? I mean... I'm a member of your site, I just don't have a subscription.

I will buy a subscription to your site one day whenever I get my dang ads to work. There are some expensive addons I want to buy for my site but it's not worth it if I can't even get it to make enough money to cover server costs.

Wait I'm confused. I thought it was $150. So is it $25 like right now without a subscription? I mean... I'm a member of your site, I just don't have a subscription.
Yes... it's free for any premium member of our site. So you could get a single month for $25 and be entitled to 1 month of support/upgrades, but existing license is good forever for as many sites as you own. If you sign up for a recurring premium membership, you can cancel the recurring part of it the instant you sign up (within PayPal).

The $150 price is really just an arbitrary price since setting it to $0 for non-premium members would just make it free to everyone.

Ohhh okay I get it now. My bad for making you have to repeat things twice. Gonna buy this later.

Using 1.2.1 and latest XFES.

I keep getting a JS error in mine when trying to view the "areas" tab on the profile page:

Code:
PHP <br/>
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function load() on a non-object in <b>/home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/DigitalPointSearch/Model/Member.php</b> on line <b>12</b><br/>
xenforo.js?_v=d59b1eb4:210
c.extend.handleServerError xenforo.js?_v=d59b1eb4:210
c.extend.error xenforo.js?_v=d59b1eb4:205
c jquery.js:3074
p.fireWith jquery.js:3186
k jquery.js:8255
r

Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 11.09.02 AM.webp

Error Log:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object - library/DigitalPointSearch/Model/Member.php:12
Generated By: anthony, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(201) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/members/anthony.1/post-areas?_xfRequestUri=%2Fc%2Fmembers%2Fanthony.1%2F&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=1%2C1377565906%2Cfc95640bb8b53f50c5d5b8ab1275e5a490279272&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/c/members/anthony.1/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1377565906,fc95640bb8b53f50c5d5b8ab1275e5a490279272"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This does not work with xenTag: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/tinhte-xentag.770/

Code:
Please make sure [Tinhte] XenTag has been installed properly, a problem with search handler occured. You may need to edit XenES file manually...

Tinhte_XenTag_Integration::insertIntoIndex() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Thread.php at line 14
Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Thread->_insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 238
XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Thread.php at line 101
XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Thread->quickIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Thread.php at line 83
XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Thread->rebuildIndex() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 72
XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 198
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 321
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 274
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 147
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/orchids/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I have edited the Listener.php file according to the xenTag instructions. When I uninstall the DP search xenTag starts working again. Is there a similar edit for xenTag that I need to make for DP Search?

@xfrocks may be able to help. I can provide him access to my site that this occurs on.

Also, it seems that simply disabling this add-on does not allow for the search Rebuild to work either

Code:
Server Error

Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first.

XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
spl_autoload_call() in DigitalPointSearch/Model/User.php at line 4
include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
spl_autoload_call() in DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/User.php at line 100
DigitalPointSearch_Search_DataHandler_User->quickIndex() in DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/User.php at line 84
DigitalPointSearch_Search_DataHandler_User->rebuildIndex() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 72
XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 198
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 321
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 274
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 147
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/orchids/public_html/admin.php at line 13

To be honest, I don't know anything about xenTag... I just peeked at their resource page, and it looks like they are doing something crazy where they need to run multiple search handlers. I can't think of a reason why that would be off the top of my head, but I can't imagine that's generally a good idea.

Not sure there's a way to work around that... if they require that for some reason.

Top Bottom